noise

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Justice

Re: noise

Post by Justice » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:51 pm

Maximus wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:33 am
Anyone took a look on screws of the engine and/or gearbox mounts, are they tight enough?
It is definately a gearbox/DMF issue!

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:27 pm

Noise when steering to left with applying power is not related to gearbox an/or DMF - I have collected a lot of examples for this issue.
The problem is present with DQ500 and DQ380 gearbox and some M6, mostly tdi engines. The repair was attempted by replacing gearbox, DMF... noise came back, or by replacing motor mount at gearbox... noise gone, but came back.
Skoda is/was working on solution. One software (yes software) is now available. I know two cases with applied SW "fix", the noise is not gone but reduced to about 30% of initial level. This is not yet an official solution. Since I have complained to Skoda directly, my local workshop (Austria) contacted me in order to try with SW fix... but since it is not a final solution and noise is not completely gone... I will wait. My workshop thinks that it is transmission block affected with SW update. If it is DMF, with SW update could be increased pressure on clutch.
At following link https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/geraeusche-beim-lenken-nach-links-t6154125.html?page=2 people had same issue at Octavia, Audi A3, and they solved issue by replacing transmission or top-right or both engine mounts in same time.

By the way, my Kodiaq is MY2019, 2.0 tdi FWD.

Justice

Post by Justice » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:41 pm

VW will not admit to the nopise problem or seek a resolution due to the massive warranty costs and the fact that there will be many customers who want to reject their cars under consumer protection law.

Maximus

Post by Maximus » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:39 am

Any updates?