Anyone else getting these sensor errors?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
MCG123

Re: Anyone else getting these sensor errors?

Post by MCG123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:25 am

Quick update; it took 6 weeks and Skoda technical were heavily involved to define the (cheapest possible) fix (presumably for others suffering this problem): 2 software variations and radar realignment did not solve the problem but the eventual radar replacement did. Front assist now works fine and is not triggered on corners and by traffic islands, only by me approaching cars too fast!

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:07 am

andyvee wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:49 pm
There are not many Skoda dealers with the necessary equipment to align the radar.

In the whole of the NW region there is only Simpsons in Preston, but this is because Skoda will not allow any other dealer to buy the necessary kit - they have given Simpsons exclusivity for the region.

Needless to say, if mine ever needs aligning I'll be off to a VW or Audi dealership, or a different region, as I wouldn't trust Simpsons to fit tyres never mind touch a safety system.
Simpsons are believed to have a 'special' relationship with SUK. They apparently rally a Skoda. They think they can get away with murder according to early reports of abysmal treatment of potential customers, when people started ordering in 2016/17. Backed up by many complaints about them on the Yeti forum.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:07 am
andyvee wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:49 pm
There are not many Skoda dealers with the necessary equipment to align the radar.

In the whole of the NW region there is only Simpsons in Preston, but this is because Skoda will not allow any other dealer to buy the necessary kit - they have given Simpsons exclusivity for the region.

Needless to say, if mine ever needs aligning I'll be off to a VW or Audi dealership, or a different region, as I wouldn't trust Simpsons to fit tyres never mind touch a safety system.
Simpsons are believed to have a 'special' relationship with SUK. They apparently rally a Skoda. They think they can get away with murder according to early reports of abysmal treatment of potential customers, when people started ordering in 2016/17. Backed up by many complaints about them on the Yeti forum.
Just got mine back, they replaced the radar, the camera and the control unit. Seems to be working OK. Had a couple of new warnings flash up, once the red front assist and once the SOS E mergency Call Restricted Workshop! Message. The latter reset itself and I believe the cause was due to the Columbus rebooting.

So all in all it’s taken 7 nearly 8 weeks to get some minor repair work done, although they have lost the door protector on the drivers door. Love the Kodiaq but Skoda need to improve customer service.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Ordered 3rd April - Build Week 26 - Collected 17 August

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:41 am

It all depends on the dealer. I am lucky, I have an excellent personal relationship with my dealer (Meadens Brockenhurst) I have bought 4 cars off him over the years.
I have no problems at all. But I do have to travel a 40 mile round trip to them because I will NOT deal with the Dealer in Bournemouth.

But as I said above . Simpsons can do no wrong in Skoda Uk's eyes but they Appear to do plenty wrong in their customers eyes according to reports on the Yeti and Kodiaq Forums.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

EricR

Post by EricR » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:43 pm

I have also experienced this problem. I took it back to the dealer and after they'd had the car for a couple of hours they said they'd sorted it. A couple of days later it happened again so it's going back in again. If they don't sort it this time I'm tempted to send it back and ask them to replace it. When the problem first started the car actually applied the brakes for no reason and I was travelling about 60mph. That was scary! It didn't apply them gradually but like it tried to do an emergency stop. Fortunately it only applied them for about 1 second

bigboss

Post by bigboss » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:22 pm

I got this error once when the weather was bad. Clean the front of the Kodiaq to ensure the radar "view" is clear.
Kodiaq SE L, 1.4 TSI 150 PS DSG, Magnetic Brown metallic, beige leather, 19" Triglav, towbar, Heated windscreen & washer nozzles, Heated leather MFSW, Adaptive cruise control, Front & rear parking sensors, rear view camera. Škoda ID: 98705067

C2atb

Post by C2atb » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:38 am

Heavy rain or snow causes mine to come on
Black magic 1.4 SE ,7 seats , canton , rear view , privacy glass with tints, ambient lighting , Amundsen , kessy , power tailgate/foot ,DCC,22”canyon , sportline style grill,montecarlo badges

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:45 am

I think We al suffered from that. Just when you really need it. It doesn't work. Well Done Skoda!
Once again I think Skoda have learnt many lessons from the Kodiaq which they appear to have corrected for the .........
Karoq.
No silly door guards .
Better reversing camera.
No faults (yet) with forward radar.
Non inclusion of emergency call on SE L model. (who needs them?)
[color=#00

MrTrilby

Post by MrTrilby » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:44 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:45 am
I think We al suffered from that. Just when you really need it. It doesn't work. Well Done Skoda!
Once again I think Skoda have learnt many lessons from the Kodiaq which they appear to have corrected for the .........
Karoq.
No silly door guards .
Better reversing camera.
No faults (yet) with forward radar.
Non inclusion of emergency call on SE L model. (who needs them?)
19,000 miles in and our Kodiaq has never displayed a fault with the front assist sensor. We’ve yet to have an issue with the door guards or the emergency call. The door guards and emergency call were two items that helped swing us towards buying the Kodiaq instead of the Tiguan AllSpace. I quite like the idea of a system that if we’re incapacitated will automatically call the emergency services and tell them how many occupants there are and precisely where we are. Just like I quite like electric windows, A/C and power assisted brakes/steering. I don’t need them, but they’re nice to have.

People generally only post to public forums to complain when things go wrong, and it doesn’t give any really indication of how common an issue is. Nobody starts a thread to say “I’ve never had a problem with something, it works perfectly”. They just get on with enjoying using their car.
190 4x4 SEL DSG with pano roof, ACC, reversing camera, towbar, heated multifunction steering wheel, heated front & rear seats, rear tables, luggage net, electric driver seat, ambient lighting, media command

Pete_g

Post by Pete_g » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:14 pm

Agree with you MrTrilby.

The very nature of forums is that people usually only visit to find out about something that has gone wrong and if others have the same issues.

I don’t believe Skoda are any different to other manufacturers in that there are always some people who are more unlucky than others when it comes to faults and their rectification.

If we all listened to the comments made on this forum ( or any others) than it is likely we’d never buy a car from any brand.

I’m early in my ownership and I’m enjoying the experience and new toys ( whether I need them or not). The options I have would have been unaffordable and not justifiable to me if I’d purchased another brand.
Kodiaq Scout 190 TDI DSG 4x4, Quartz Grey. Pano Sunroof, Driver Assist Pack, Area View, Htd steering wheel/ windscreen/ washers, Park assist, Traffic sign recog , Canton , Htd Fr/ Rr seats. Collected 1st December.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”