Real MPG!?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
JKSKodi

Re: Real MPG!?

Post by JKSKodi » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:41 am
Well am I glad I didn't waste my ££ on a TDi !
Mind you I only do about 6k a year. With mainly very short runs, not really getting to proper running temp.
But I am getting 30-33 round town and best ever cross country 44 so bearing in mind the price difference between the two fuels I'm doing just about as well as you 'Oily boys'.
Just done 6000 and in for it's birthday service on Monday.
I think your experience reflects traditional wisdom of a petrol for low miles and town driving. I do high miles and live in the country. I get 46 locally and 56 on long runs which more than negates the small percentage variation in fuel cost per litre (in my case). However I do like the low down torque shove the diesel gives - and I definayely don't drive like a nun 😀
Ordered 12 August: 2.0TDi 150 DSG (2WD) Edition 5 seats Petrol blue, beige Interior, Sunroof, Front parking sensors, Rear view camera, heated windscreen

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Just to amuse yourself.....if you have the chance to drive a 1.4 or 2.0 TSi. I think you will be surprised. Though, having had plenty of diesels, I agree that derv poke is king
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

MrTrilby

Post by MrTrilby » Thu May 17, 2018 9:34 pm

This thread got me a bit worried about MPG. Fortunately now that I’ve taken delivery of my 190 DSG I know I didn’t need to worry. First commute this morning with less than 25 miles on the odometer saw 43mpg. Less traffic on the way home saw economy up to 46mpg. 25 mile commute each way, on a mix of 40mph and 60mph A roads, with a bit of stop start traffic and junctions thrown in. Admittedly driving it gently as it’s not run in, but it would be difficult to drive it much harder on my commute without driving into the back of the car in front.

Hopefully figures will improve a bit more with some more miles.
190 4x4 SEL DSG with pano roof, ACC, reversing camera, towbar, heated multifunction steering wheel, heated front & rear seats, rear tables, luggage net, electric driver seat, ambient lighting, media command

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu May 17, 2018 10:18 pm

On average I am getting between 45-50mpg, best so far 63mpg which amazed me to be honest.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Ordered 3rd April - Build Week 26 - Collected 17 August

TonyC

Post by TonyC » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:39 pm

Some pretty impressive mpg figures on this thread. I'm 920 miles in and averaging 35.3mpg. Best I had on a long motorway run from picking the car up was 39.8mpg.
My commute is 22 miles with a mixture of town, 50mph road works and 70mph dual carriageway. I've been experimenting with the modes to see what difference it makes. I've come to the conclusion that Eco is not what it's cracked up to be. Trying my hardest to be gentle accelerating, my Eco mode gives me around 33mpg and normal mode gives me around 35mpg. I decided to put it in sport mode, accelerate a bit quicker up to speed and manually put it in a higher gear when required. This yields 37-38mpg! The way I see it is there's no point putting up with the sluggish throttle response on Eco... Sport it is from now on.
2.0 TDI 190 Sportline 7 Seat SCR DSG 4x4, Black Magic, Canton, Heated Wheel with paddles, Heated windscreen / washers, Towbar prep, Front and rear parking sensors, personalisation of drive mode, space saver.

airshod

Post by airshod » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 pm

I've had mine for just over a week, and the average is 33.3 on long term, short term, since refueled, etc. this is based on short 10 mile e/w commutes to work and back. Driving to Czech soon, will see what i can achieve then,,,,
Skoda Kodiaq SE L 2.0 TDI 190PS 4X4 DSG
West Sussex

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:32 pm

airshod wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:20 pm
I've had mine for just over a week, and the average is 33.3 on long term, short term, since refueled, etc. this is based on short 10 mile e/w commutes to work and back. Driving to Czech soon, will see what i can achieve then,,,,
I have a similar length commute to work and I get about 32mpg but I drive a 2.0 petrol.
2.0 TSI Edition, 7 seat, Black with Beige Leather
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:54 pm

7 months old and 3,500 miles on the clock. Long term mpg displayed as 43mpg. I have had as high as 50mpg displayed "Since Start" on an 86 mile mainly motorway trip.
David, a proud Tyke wasting his time trying to educate southerners. ;)
Kodiaq 1.4TSI SE 2WD, 5 seater, Petrol blue, standard no extra toys. Bought pre registered with 6 miles on the clock and £4K under list price. Near Melton Mowbray. :D

H2UBS

Post by H2UBS » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:35 pm

H2UBS wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:02 am
Serengwalia wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:06 pm
There seems to be a wide range of outcomes reported here, there are no certainties it would seem, and the results presumably reflect the differing driving circumstances of the owners.

.... my current long term mileage is 42.3 mpg and on some long runs down to Coventry and back it has happily cleared 46 mpg.
Agreed .. your figures are really quite good compared to mine. After 6k miles my long term consumption is just 33.4 mpg and I have to drive really sedately to squeeze 40 mpg out on a long run, ( and that's with two less seats and no spare wheel ! )
Happy to say that after another 10k miles of wear, I am now getting closer to 45mpg on my long motorway runs.
2.0 tdi SE L 4x4 190 DSG, 5 Seats, Business Grey, dark Alcantara, Triglavs, tow bar. Delivered 15th Sept.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”