EE SIM Cards General Advice on Setting Up

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
philhib1964

EE SIM Cards General Advice on Setting Up

Post by philhib1964 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:42 pm

Kept getting confused about having to use the car's entertainment system to connect to EE 4G Wi-Fi to activate the new SIM card as the system itself doesn't have a web browser. I never had this issue with O2 as you could just sign up on line and the SIM would activate remotely.
In the end, after many hours of head scratching it ended up being quite simple and limited advice is also available on page 128/129 of manual. Having got a good deal on a 12 month EE 4G Wi-Fi deal (£19.00 for 500mb a month for 12 months) here's what I did to solve the issue.
1. Make sure power is on and Insert new SIM into SIM card slot. Go to settings on the infotainment system and check Network to see if card is being read. It should show whatever network you SIM is on. In my case it read EE.
2. Next - Go back to settings on the infotainment system and into the WLAN settings, (These come factory set with a random Network Key (Password)). Click on the Network Key (Password) and I recommend you change it to a more simple password, which is easily remembered. When done REMEMBER to press SAVE and your password for Wi-Fi will now be saved. You can then leave the settings bit and go to your phone.
3. On your phone you need to download the app for your chosen network so you can register your SIM number. (At this stage just download the App or sign up for a new account).
4. Once you've done that go to your phone's settings for WiFi and search for new devices. You should see Skoda *** come up, which will be your car.
5. Click to connect to the car's Wi-Fi and it will ask for your password (enter the one you've just created at step 2). Your phone should now connect to the car's WLAN and you will be able to see this if you check your phone's Wi-fi connection.
6. Now you are on the car's Wi-Fi use your phone to go to the App for your network, if you haven't already signed up you may need to do so and then you can register a new device or activate a new device. To activate a new device insert your SIM card's number and it should then confirm the SIM is activated. With EE it was instant and the SIM card strted to work straight away.
7. Once you have the App on your phone (and you can also download it to you Laptop if you want) you can go on at random times to check how much data you use. This is good for the future as it will give you a good idea what data package you may be best suited to.
8. Also, depending on what size data you have signed up for if you have anyone in the car that wants to connect to the car's Wi-Fi when you are out and about they simply search for Skoda on their phone's Wi-Fi and when prompted insert the password you created at step 2. Simples.
Hope this helps anyone having the same problem I was having.
Sunny Gosport UK - Kodiaq SE L (7 Seater) 1.4 TSi 150 PS 4x4 in Petrol Blue & Two Dalmatians. :D :shock: