Hygiene Charge at Dealers

The place to discuss everything else..
old man

Re: Hygiene Charge at Dealers

Post by old man » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:03 pm

Huntspill101 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:44 pm
Hi.
I have booked mine in at the Weston dealer. They have moved into the VW dealership on the Worle road so I assume all the work will be carried out in the VW workshop. They dont charge for "Hygiene" and seemed surprised that a garage would consider charging customers for such a service. I cancelled my service at bridgwater.
Thankyou for the reply. I now have the dilemma of whether to cut off my nose to spite my face or not. It will cost me similar money to drive to WSM and even more if my wife comes to get and return me. If they did it whilst I wait, there's nothing to do around there with Covid upon us.
Decisions, decisions :(

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:23 pm

Huntspill101 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:06 pm
I just booked my 2 year service at my local Skoda dealer and was advised that there will be an additional £12.00 Hygiene charge to cover the extra sanitizing etc for Covid 19. has anyone else come across this. Is this a Skoda thing or just the group that my dealer is part of.
I raised this issue on the Honest John website. The response I received is below.

Skoda told us that Carrs Bridgwater has a charge of £10 + VAT per service visit as a result of the measures that they have had to put in place due to Covid-19. This is not a Government regulation. This decision has been taken by Helston Garages and is not part of a nation-wide policy for ŠKODA retailers.

It's up to you whether you pay for it (although they're unlikely to change their stance that it's a requirement), but the cleaning service is something that's likely being rolled out at multiple garages to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

So shop around seems to be the advice. I can confirm that Sandicliffe Skoda in Leicester did not charge a penny for sanitising my Kodiaq before and after its service.
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, Leicestershire. :D

old man

Post by old man » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:00 pm

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:23 pm
Huntspill101 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:06 pm
I just booked my 2 year service at my local Skoda dealer and was advised that there will be an additional £12.00 Hygiene charge to cover the extra sanitizing etc for Covid 19. has anyone else come across this. Is this a Skoda thing or just the group that my dealer is part of.
I raised this issue on the Honest John website. The response I received is below.

Skoda told us that Carrs Bridgwater has a charge of £10 + VAT per service visit as a result of the measures that they have had to put in place due to Covid-19. This is not a Government regulation. This decision has been taken by Helston Garages and is not part of a nation-wide policy for ŠKODA retailers.

It's up to you whether you pay for it (although they're unlikely to change their stance that it's a requirement), but the cleaning service is something that's likely being rolled out at multiple garages to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

So shop around seems to be the advice. I can confirm that Sandicliffe Skoda in Leicester did not charge a penny for sanitising my Kodiaq before and after its service.
I haven't revisited this dealer about my service since they told me about the charge. I have a dilemma now - bite the bullet, or cut off my nose to spite my face and take it elsewhere.
The young lady that told me this was a government edict, has been helpful once in the past, but she does have an attitude problem and was adamant that the government had decreed it.
The other two Skoda dealers nearest to me plus my local BMW dealer do not levy a charge for this service, so I think this is naughty, especially as I've been a good customer during the last 10 years.

Thanks for the HJ info O & G, that's most helpful. I've lost some faith in them lately since they were taken over and HJ himself left. I read a letter someone had written recently regarding info about a Kodiaq and they completely misinformed the person. I emailed them to tell them they'd made a mistake, but received no reply.

Anyway.........about my bloody service :roll:

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:44 am

As soon as I saw Helston group mentioned, alarm bells rang LOUD.
A friend of mine has experience of the Peugeot dealer in Exeter, also part of the Helston group. their behaviour and attitude is unbeliebable. I think she has complained to Peugeot.
They sound as bad as the Hendy Group in Bournemouth area. TAKE NOTE any readers in the Bournemouth area. I wouldn't take a roller skate to their Skoda branch. (Or any other make to any of their franchises)
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

darkweblinks

Post by darkweblinks » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:57 pm