Fitting 4 Car Seats

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
zeyadalsultan

Fitting 4 Car Seats

Post by zeyadalsultan » Mon May 11, 2020 4:56 pm

Hi

I'm planning on buying a Kodiaq 7 seater and have four kids. The two younger ones would be at the second row on the iso-fix seats, the two older ones (7 and 5 years old) will need car seats fitted in the third row using the belt.

My question is, is it easy to fit two seats at the third row without struggling for space? Also, can the middle seat in the second row fold to allow the kids at the back to get out the car?

Would love to hear from anyone with 3+ kids using the Kodiaq and how they're managing day to day.

Many thanks!

Zeyad

Kenny R

Re: Fitting 4 Car Seats

Post by Kenny R » Mon May 11, 2020 6:08 pm

Haven’t had the pleasure of having 4 child seats in the Kodiaq yet, only had 3 so far for the grandkids, but with another addition last month will need to attempt having 4 seats soon.
When I’ve had the 3 grandkids in, 2 year old in isofix behind driver and 2 high back booster seats in row 3 for the 5 and 8 year old, this has worked fine and plenty room for them to get in and out sliding middle row forward.
Will need to look at feasibility of them clambering through the gap in the middle seat when we need to fit another isofix to the outer middle row.
All I can say is when fitting high back booster seats in row 3 you need to remove the headrests and turn/fit them the other way round.
To remove the headrests you need to push the clip and extend the headrest fully, you then need to insert a credit card or similar under the collar to release the catch on the other side and headrests can be removed and fitted the other way round which allows high back booster seats to sit correctly.
The Volkswagen Tiguan handbook shows you how to do this, unfortunately Skoda keep this a secret.

D6960F6E-DED3-450F-9805-DBEB6AE1D270.png

Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

Pink72

Re: Fitting 4 Car Seats

Post by Pink72 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:08 pm

I have 3 kids .. 5, 7 and 9. Two car seats with belts in the back is doable but you may need to move the middle row forward a tad. It will not be the easiest getting them in but if doing once then they are in place. The middle '40' seat does fold independently in our Edition. Not sure if that applies to all models. At the time they find it a squeeze with car seats they will likely be at the height to move to boosters which reclaims the space in the 3rd row and keeps it comfy for them. In a sensible world we'd probably have an MPV but we like the jacked up ride and living with the car day to day has been really quite good.
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 4x4 DSG quartz metallic - canton, heated steering wheel, screen & rear seats, ambient light, media cmd, personalisation drive mode, front parking sensors, tri zone climate control, vico opia2 cash cam, Thule wingbars.