Fail to start?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Damson2GiN

Fail to start?

Post by Damson2GiN » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:57 pm

;) I am curious to see if any one has experience the same problem. Last Saturday I called at my local Morrisons super market to fill up with diesel , the pumps are under cover. I came to start the engine, it turned over, but didn't fire, its automatic, so made sure it was in park passion , foot on break, still no go.
I was at the front pump, so went to the kiosk informed the attendant the problem, then phoned the AA. They said they would be 30 mins, the cars were piling up at the back of me, so informed them of my problem.
However by a stroke of luck, a chap in the queue came to my rescue ! He told me to get inside the vehicle, lock it manually with the key, count 8 seconds, unlock it. Then try starting, it started straight away, Relief, he told me the security sensors at the garage, can interfere with the sensors on the Kodiaq. I thanked him profusely , I had to drive away because of the congestion that I was causing, then had my wife cancel the AA.
If no one has experienced this problem, its worth noting.

Plodd

Re: Fail to start?

Post by Plodd » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:37 pm

Mine failed to start a few weeks back.
It turned over fine but wouldn't fire.
I rang Skoda assist to arrange a visit and when the call was finished I tried again.
Fired up straight away and been fine since.
I wasn't at a petrol station.
Kodiaq 2.0tdi 190 4X4 DSG SE L in Business Grey. Replacing an SE 150 DSG diesel in moon white.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:05 am

You both drive diesels.
The "fail to fire" is therefore interesting! 🤔
Anyone had this problem with a petrol engine? 🤔
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:54 am

Nope, never on any car!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Damson2GiN

Post by Damson2GiN » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:00 pm

While at the garage with the starting problem, I though I would press the red emergency button on the head lining, thinking that Skoda would get InTouch, as the dealership is about a mile from the garage, No such luck, as I was under the petrol station canopy, another lesson learnt ? When I get time, I will call up to Skoda, see what they say, I like to think I am a good customer !

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Damson2GiN wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:00 pm
While at the garage with the starting problem, I though I would press the red emergency button on the head lining, thinking that Skoda would get InTouch, as the dealership is about a mile from the garage, No such luck, as I was under the petrol station canopy, another lesson learnt ? When I get time, I will call up to Skoda, see what they say, I like to think I am a good customer !

Did you Press AND HOLD the red button, then confirm the call on the infotainment/dash screen? If not. that is why Skoda did not contact you.

In any case, this was not an Emergency, it was a possible breakdown, and you should have Pressed AND HELD the button next to the red button.
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

Zach

Post by Zach » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:30 am

Had this happen once with my first car, just restarted it and it fired right up.
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:16 am

Red button is for 999 ONLY! They would have been REALLY pleased to hear from you! NOT!.
Breakdown truck button is for breakdown! third button is for SKODA customer service.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Damson2GiN

Post by Damson2GiN » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:13 pm

Thank for the Red button lecture, who are you to judge whether my problem was not an emergency! My wife was with me at the time, due to having cancer, in her throat she has no voice, and breaths through a tracky where her Adams apple should be. So to me being stuck in a fuel station for a indeterminable time is a worry. But you don't know the full facts , only the fuel issue. What is a simple journey could have been serious.
How ever I called at the Skoda main dealers, they in turn have booked the vehicle in to have a fuel pump sensor fitted, which they say caused the problem.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:23 pm

Calm down ! I wasn't judging you for anything. You gave no facts other than the car would not start which, normally is NOT an emergency. Now I know the facts I can understand. I am not a mind reader.
You would not have been the first person who was confused by the buttons (which you obviously are not).
I am very sorry the hear about your wife.
[color=#00