Panoramic sunroof

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
rsk289

Panoramic sunroof

Post by rsk289 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:28 am

I'd appreciate some advice on looking after the sunroof. Is there any recommended preventative maintenance routine? Any drains to check and keep clear, etc.? Mine lives outside, but luckily not under trees.
Any advice from experienced owners welcomed!
2019 Kodiak 2.0TSi, DSG, Magic Black with matching black Triglavs, panoramic sunroof (not an L&K), factory towball

Colin Lambert

Re: Panoramic sunroof

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:21 am

I have had panroofs in 2 of my 3 Yetis. Kodiaq and Karoq, None have given me any trouble and all my cars live outside.
Yeti panroof is infamous for leaking after about 5 years for various reasons. The Kodiaq & Karoq are, of course, not old enough. I know that thr Karoq roof is of a diferent design to that of the Yeti, but I'm not sure about the Kodiaq roof, although at 2019 I would assume that Skoda have learnt their lessons!
There are drain holes (I assume) but I have never bothered to look.
Open the roof and look in the channels on both sides, probably towards the front of the car and make sure they are clear. At only a year old they certainly should not be bunged up.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

rsk289

Post by rsk289 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:33 am

Thanks Colin,
I'll keep an eye on them. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can locate the drain holes - it'd be useful to know where they are.

Roger
2019 Kodiak 2.0TSi, DSG, Magic Black with matching black Triglavs, panoramic sunroof (not an L&K), factory towball

Damson2GiN

Post by Damson2GiN » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:05 pm

I have the panoramic roof, I didn't choose it, it just came with the vehicle, To honest I hardly ever use it,, its very rare it gets hot enough, or when open, I end up with a stiff neck, all the rest of the time, its raining.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:57 am

Nice to let the light in though! Specially if you suffer from the 'black hole syndrome' when Skoda insist on a total black headlining.
I sold my firs Karoq simply because I couldn't stand being trapped in a black hole.
Each unto his own, but I wouldn't buy a car without a sun roof.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

rsk289

Post by rsk289 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:55 am

Interesting - the interior of my Kodiaq is a sort of darkish grey colour, but the headlining is cream (as is the sunroof screen). I had assumed these were default colours, at least for a Magic Black car. Is that not so? It's an SE L.