Whistling noise

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Lauren13

Whistling noise

Post by Lauren13 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi there. We have a kodiaq 2018.

Recently I've noticed a few issues I'd like some ideas with before I contact the dealership.

1) a whistling noise when accelerating and clutching to change gear.

2) our infotainment system keeps restarting all the time. The music goes silent for a few seconds then it restarts and the skoda badge shows.

Apologies if some info missing. I know nothing about cars so just ask if you need more info and I'll gladly supply!

old man

Re: Whistling noise

Post by old man » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:21 pm

I have a 2018 model with a Columbus system. About 6 weeks into ownership whilst on a long trip, the infotainment system rebooted itself several times.
Took it to the dealer who suspected a duff info screen as there had been a faulty batch installed around the time my car was built.
However, Skoda UK advised checking all electrical connections and rebooting the infotainment system, which the dealer duly did, since which (18 months) there has been no recurrence of the problem.
Sorry, can't help with the whistling noise.

FoxtrotAlpha

Re: Whistling noise

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:55 pm

Lauren13 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:03 pm
Hi there. We have a kodiaq 2018.

Recently I've noticed a few issues I'd like some ideas with before I contact the dealership.

1) a whistling noise when accelerating and clutching to change gear.

2) our infotainment system keeps restarting all the time. The music goes silent for a few seconds then it restarts and the skoda badge shows.

Apologies if some info missing. I know nothing about cars so just ask if you need more info and I'll gladly supply!
I would do a hard reset on the infotainment system, if I remember correctly its press and hold the power on button for 10 seconds... but could be wrong.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey