Automatic stop/start button

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
rsk289

Re: Automatic stop/start button

Post by rsk289 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:39 pm

Not sure how you've managed that. Mine definitely defaults to the normal state as soon as I switch off. Do you have any 'personalisation' enabled on your car, and if so, how do you get it? Can't find anything on mine (SE L).

edit - just spotted your u/name, and presume you have a Sportline. Perhaps only that model has 'memory'? Wonder if the dealer can code it in?
2019 Kodiak 2.0TSi, DSG, Magic Black with matching black Triglavs, panoramic sunroof (not an L&K), factory towball

James Sportline 2020

Post by James Sportline 2020 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:07 pm

Arh!

I do have the Sportline 2020 model and now you've mentioned it, there are personalised set up elsewhere like seat, mirror, lighting and so on. They are activated based on the key that was present when opening the doors. My wife uses her keys and as soon as she opens the door, all her set up goes into place and vice versa. .

This also tells me that theorically this can be coded .... I wish you all the best in finding a solution.

Having said all that, one thing that annoyed me is that the car doesn't remember my drive mode selection, everytime I get in I have to set it to 'Eco' as it always default back into 'Normal Drive'. Irritating as it could be such a simple thing to sort out.
James
Manchester - Kodiaq Sportline 7 seat DSG 150PS 2020 MK2

Zach

Post by Zach » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:33 am

James Sportline 2020 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:07 pm
Having said all that, one thing that annoyed me is that the car doesn't remember my drive mode selection, everytime I get in I have to set it to 'Eco' as it always default back into 'Normal Drive'. Irritating as it could be such a simple thing to sort out.
It's due to WLTP restructions
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:09 am

You'd better tell VAG then. Coz here in the U.K. the 2018 Golf drive mode selection stays where you put it. My chum has one!
Annoys me every time I get in his car and then back into my Karoq. To be frank though, I don't think ECO makes any difference. Just yet more electronic cr@p to go wrong out of warranty.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

rsk289

Post by rsk289 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 am

Indeed. I had an 'ecoplus' setting in my M135i, which I used for a couple of months. It definitely took the edge off the grunt, but made no difference at all to my fuel consumption. Went back to switching between 'comfort' and 'sport' (didn't trust myself with 'sport plus' often). In sport that thing was a real hotrod!
2019 Kodiak 2.0TSi, DSG, Magic Black with matching black Triglavs, panoramic sunroof (not an L&K), factory towball

Zach

Post by Zach » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:01 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:09 am
You'd better tell VAG then. Coz here in the U.K. the 2018 Golf drive mode selection stays where you put it. My chum has one!
Annoys me every time I get in his car and then back into my Karoq. To be frank though, I don't think ECO makes any difference. Just yet more electronic cr@p to go wrong out of warranty.
It's only MY20 onwards
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:09 am

I know it is on Skoda. But what annoys me is that VW have had it for 2 years and Skoda told me and my dealer there is NO WAY it can be modified on my 19 reg Karoq Edition, which I think is a load of bollox!
Same system in both cars, why can't they tweak mine?? Their excuse was that it is only available if my car has electric drivers seat IT DOES!! Dealer spent ages trying to find a way of doing it but 'computer say no'.
I have always found Skoda very bolshy when requesting mini mods to anything electrical.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:29 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:09 am
I know it is on Skoda. But what annoys me is that VW have had it for 2 years and Skoda told me and my dealer there is NO WAY it can be modified on my 19 reg Karoq Edition, which I think is a load of bollox!
Same system in both cars, why can't they tweak mine?? Their excuse was that it is only available if my car has electric drivers seat IT DOES!! Dealer spent ages trying to find a way of doing it but 'computer say no'.
I have always found Skoda very bolshy when requesting mini mods to anything electrical.
Calm down Colin, Take a pill, and partake of your favourite tipple. :D
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:17 pm

That's very calm for me!
What's my favourite tipple?......... RIBENA! :D
[color=#00

Zach

Post by Zach » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:48 pm

My MY20 when I get to the roundabout 100 metres from my house...