New member - new owner of an EDITION

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mrbriggs

New member - new owner of an EDITION

Post by Mrbriggs » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:08 pm

Evening all, just put a deposit down on a 2.5 year old Kodiaq 2.0 tdi 150 EDITION in white. It has just short of 40k miles, just been serviced, and cost just under 22k.

Hopefully I’ve done ok, but have to say, I’m impressed with the kit. (Coming from a tekna 2012 qashqai+2)

I’m sure a few questions will be coming your way...but here’s my first 2...

Did the edition come with the panoramic roof as standard or is it an option? (Ours has it).

Can I get the 150bhp engine remapped to the same as the 190? Do people get rid of the dpf/egr and map them out?

Thanks

FoxtrotAlpha

Re: New member - new owner of an EDITION

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:55 pm

Mrbriggs wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:08 pm
Evening all, just put a deposit down on a 2.5 year old Kodiaq 2.0 tdi 150 EDITION in white. It has just short of 40k miles, just been serviced, and cost just under 22k.

Hopefully I’ve done ok, but have to say, I’m impressed with the kit. (Coming from a tekna 2012 qashqai+2)

I’m sure a few questions will be coming your way...but here’s my first 2...

Did the edition come with the panoramic roof as standard or is it an option? (Ours has it).

Can I get the 150bhp engine remapped to the same as the 190? Do people get rid of the dpf/egr and map them out?

Thanks
I got one on the first Editions, same engine as yours.

No the panoramic roof was an optional extra.

In terms of mapping then someone can answer that as I’m no expert. I never bothered as it had enough power and response for the roads I drive.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:13 am

Welcome Mr Briggs.
Skoda change their minds frequently. I now drive a Karoq Edition 4x4 TSi 19 reg. Mine has mandatory pan roof. Now, less that a year later you can only get 4x4 with TDi. Just an example.
Can't help with remapping as I have never done it. I suggest you see if you really need it before going any further. If you do go ahead don't forget to inform your insurance company. Failure to do so even if they would cover you, will void your policy. A lot of insurance companies won't cover remapped or chipped vehicles at any price. Aviva being one. Might be worth a 'phone call first. It may well affect any Skoda warranty you have with the car. Why not just buy a 190 in the first place?
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:47 pm

Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all for a re-map then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Return to “Introductions”