Kodiaq Sportline - which color?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Phasio

Kodiaq Sportline - which color?

Post by Phasio » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:48 am

Hi all, Im about to order a Sportline but cant decide between magic black, quartz Grey and crystal black. I love the brutal look of the all black model, but heard its a pain to keep clean.

Can anyone weigh in? Thanks!

FoxtrotAlpha

Re: Kodiaq Sportline - which color?

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:31 pm

Mines a Sportline in quartz grey, I think it looks great when clean (rarely) and it does show the dirt a bit but that doesn’t bother me, after all is a 4x4 and I live in the wilds of Scotland.

I would say based on owning black cars in the past they will shown the dirt significantly more than quartz grey does. Other colours will show it less but my opinion is that the Kodiaq looks better in darker colours with the exception to the race blue but for me that’s the vRS colour. Quite a few people liked the lighter meteor grey, it’s a bite marmite and I definitely don’t like it. Some like green and petrol, no accounting for taste but it’s academic as they are not available on this model.

One thing I would add is definitely go for the virtual cockpit, well worth a few extra quid.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Shotto

Post by Shotto » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:21 pm

I ordered mine in white and love it.
It's a lot easier to clean and keep clean than I thought it would be.
Had its 1 year now and usually around this time I am looking to change but for once I think I might hang onto this one for a while

PS yes definitely get the virtual cockpit it's a great toy to have

IMG_20190128_120601.jpg

IMG_20190202_171918.jpg

2.0 tdi 190 DSG sportline 7 seat in white.
Virtual dash and reversing camera.
South Wales

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:08 am

My (highly prejudiced ;) ) choice.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Phasio

Post by Phasio » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:17 am

Both blue and white are beautiful! But they're too wild for me, being the boring father I've become :lol:

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:08 am
My (highly prejudiced ;) ) choice.
I do agree it looks good in race blue but I was disappointed that they allowed that onto none vRS’s. It should have stayed a vRS only colour.

Reminds me of the sad delusions fool I saw in Bellshill (near Glasgow) who was driving around in a white SEL but had rebadged it as a vRS, pretending to be something it isn’t, the irony is it fooled nobody especially as the vRS hadn’t been launched.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Swanny78

Post by Swanny78 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:12 pm

Love my Crystal Black, I am an ametuer detailer so do like keeping her clean ;-) Black is a double edged sword, shows up dirt really easily, but looks awesome when cleaned properly.

Kodiaq.jpg

Kodiaq 2.jpg

Deleted User 2278

Post by Deleted User 2278 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:49 pm

Dark coloured large cars always look menacing or depressing to me so I'd choose a lighter 'happy' colour. The Kodiaq looks best in silver, then white and that blue is nice too. I've seen one in red which initially looked good but it was too overpowering, not a colour I would want to see every day.