Trailer Manoeuvre Assist

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
gkcooper@talk21.com

Trailer Manoeuvre Assist

Post by gkcooper@talk21.com » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:22 pm

I have a new Kodiaq L & K with factory fitted Tow Bar, I therefore assume it automatically comes with Trailer Manoeuvre Assist? When I follow the instruction in the manual to activate Trailer Assist I get a message on the dash saying Trailer Assist Deactivated, nothing I can do will activate it, the park assist button is not lit up. Can anyone throw any light on what I am doing wrong or could it be I don't have Trailer Assist? I have a 5' X 4' small trailer attached using a standard 13 pin plug so everything is as it should be. Thank you Geoff

FoxtrotAlpha

Re: Trailer Manoeuvre Assist

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:18 am

This old post from Zach might help:

https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2447

Assuming he’s right, which he normally is, you need those added packs before you can get it activated. As they seem to be not standard items with the L&K then the question is did you order them? If not you don’t have it.... bugga....
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Zach

Re: Trailer Manoeuvre Assist

Post by Zach » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:22 am

I would take the car to the dealer if your Trailer Assist instantly deactivates. When you pop the car in reverse, it should show a message prompting you to press the Park Assist button.

If your car shows a message at all, it sounds to me like it has Trailer Assist. Before I activated Trailer Assist on my first Kodiaq, it didn't show any message when putting the trailer in reverse.
BW35 2019 Kodiaq RS 5 seater in Brilliant Silver + Ignite rims, Sunroof, Direct TPMS, Acoustic Windows