Fob Battery

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Kevinthepenguin

Re: Fob Battery

Post by Kevinthepenguin » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:17 pm

Rick Armstrong wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:30 pm
Take it to your Skoda dealer. Took mine last week after the same message, changed for free, didn't even charge for the new battery, took 5 minutes.
You're blessed! My lot nonchalantly quoted me a hypothetical "something like £60-70" when I asked hypothetically how easy it was to change. Which instilled a fascinating combination of both irritation and first-time fear! I have assumed that it's quite straightforward, but the inexperienced in me asks what sort of screwdriver, do I need to disassemble the kessy button, daft questions like that. I'll have a go, and no doubt feel like an old hand and vastly experienced once completed!
2017 SKODA KODIAQ EDITION TDI 150 4WD, 7 seats, 1968CC Diesel, 5DR, Manual, Magnetic brown

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Kevinthepenguin wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:17 pm
Rick Armstrong wrote:
Take it to your Skoda dealer. Took mine last week after the same message, changed for free, didn't even charge for the new battery, took 5 minutes.
You're blessed! My lot nonchalantly quoted me a hypothetical "something like £60-70" when I asked hypothetically how easy it was to change. Which instilled a fascinating combination of both irritation and first-time fear! I have assumed that it's quite straightforward, but the inexperienced in me asks what sort of screwdriver, do I need to disassemble the kessy button, daft questions like that. I'll have a go, and no doubt feel like an old hand and vastly experienced once completed!
Seriously I’m equally inept at such things and I managed, I also had the batteries in the house so it was a 5 minute job. Like I said it’s shown in the manual as is the syncing if required.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:37 am

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:28 pm
Kevinthepenguin wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:17 pm
Rick Armstrong wrote:
Seriously I’m equally inept at such things and I managed, I also had the batteries in the house so it was a 5 minute job. Like I said it’s shown in the manual as is the syncing if required.
And the manual actually tells you exactly what dimension of screwdriver to use.
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

SkodaVRS1963

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:56 pm

Kevinthepenguin wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:08 pm
Interesting. My key is giving me the same message over the past couple of weeks as well. Battery replacement seems a bit fiddly. What type of battery for a start? And has anyone tried to, or had to, resynchronize the key once this is done?

I was told the garage would do this, but for something like £70. Sounds like daylight robbery for a battery that can't cost more than a couple of quid....?
My wife's Ford Focus key fob started failing after a year. Bought 4 x CR2032 lithium batteries from the Bay Of E for £0.99 delivered.

Took all of three minutes to replace.
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

Kevinthepenguin

Post by Kevinthepenguin » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:49 am

OK, all done! Biggest pain in the backside was getting the cover off. No issue with the "thicker" CR2032 battery. Didn't need resynchronising, which I have to assume is not an issue?
2017 SKODA KODIAQ EDITION TDI 150 4WD, 7 seats, 1968CC Diesel, 5DR, Manual, Magnetic brown

Rgr_dorset

Post by Rgr_dorset » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:09 pm

Mine has been changed twice. Once the deadlier did it for free but I suspect it wasn’t a new battery. When this failed I bought a new one and followed the manual. It was a bit fiddly but didn’t take long

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”