Moll battery idenification

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Old and Grumpy

Re: Moll battery idenification

Post by Old and Grumpy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:34 pm

old man wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:40 pm
I've had a few low battery warnings flash up on my screen, probably because I haven't been doing enough mileage.
I did wonder though if my car is fitted with a Moll battery that have been giving so much trouble.
Is there a way to identify a Moll battery i.e. is there a visible name on it ? The only writing on top of my battery that looks like it could be a name is BANNER, but I've no idea if that's the make or not.
My wife's Rapid regularly displayed these warnings from when she got it at 3 months old until about three months ago when it was 3 years old. I got sick of seeing the warning so I bought an AA branded Smart Charger, and after 24 hours on charge the charger showed the battery as fully charged. The warnings stopped, and I have only seen the warning once since then, about two weeks ago. She only does short runs in the car so probably not doing enough to top up the battery fully. If the warnings become regular again I will use the charger again. When the warnings were occurring the Stop/Start on the Rapid never worked, one of the conditions for it to work is that the battery has to be charged to a predetermined level. Once the 24 hour charge had been done the Stop/Start began working. Coincidentally the Rapid has a MOLL battery, but it has been checked and is not faulty.
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

old man

Re: Moll battery idenification

Post by old man » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:05 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I had the warning again today, so I'll charge the battery and if it continues, I'll visit the dealer.

Return to “Faults & Technical”