Messed up order

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Karoo

Messed up order

Post by Karoo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:10 am

Hi

Can I ask you guys for advice - I've ordered Kodiaq through SKODASTORE.com in July - over a week ago car arrived at the dealer but that's when the fun started. I recieved the call, that because some sort of mistake at the factory car wasn't fitted with area view that I ordered but only reversing camera. I really wanted this 360 camera so initially I've asked it to be retrofitted- apparently impossible, then to replace with the right spec car - and hi Brexit fear - waiting time unknown could be more expensive due to new import taxes. Finaly my partner persuade me that we should be fine with just reversing camera and sensors and a little discount with few freebies (got mats, mudflaps, roof box and roof racks) so we decided to take it. To my absolute surprise kodiaq was delivered few days ago and it's in wrong colour :!: :o :shock: :lol:
Should be in quartz gray - the one I've got is in business gray not a huge difference somebody can say but still a dam big mistake for a factory ordered car. As my old car will be collected in few days I was kind of forced to keep it, again i should probably just refused it but I'm sure everyone here know how it is to wait for your dream car - I was actually ensured by the dealer over the phone that they will try to fix it or make it right for me. So now I'm feeling like I end up with the stock car in the price of newly ordered one - the worse part - my missis actually like the colour :|
They offering my now to refund the cost of paint £500🤷‍♂️ not really keen to do anything else for my.
The car itself is great - spot on, nice to drive, comfy, just everything else, the way my order was proceed etc I'm feed up with.
Any thoughts, what do you think I should do?
Many thanks for help
Kodiaq Edition 7s 2019 - Quartz gray[*] - Business gray :o , area view[*] - reversing camera :o , children pack, spare wheel, partition net, front/rear sensors, virtual cockpit

Old and Grumpy

Re: Messed up order

Post by Old and Grumpy » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:44 am

Sounds to me like you got someone else's car, and they have got yours!
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:05 am

Now that you have accepted the vehicle and some compensation in terms of ‘freebies’ then I cannot there is much you can do apart from keep it. When I collected mine the dealer had a similar issue with Octavia, they ordered an estate but Skoda sent a saloon.

I was in a slightly different situation with my first Kodiaq as they lost it in transit for a month, during that time Skoda Exec office arranged for me to have a Q7 (only 7 seater they had) on loan free of charge until it arrived.

I would suggest you bypass the dealership and go directly to the Exec Office but as you have accepted the car then I see little hope in getting it changed, you may get more ‘good will gestures’.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Karoo

Post by Karoo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:35 am

The thing is freebies were given as a compensation for missing camera wchich at that time allowed me to 'swollow' it a little easier. Now ther is a diffrent colour - each of this mistakes quiet significant in my opinion. They want me to accept £500 for wrong paint and some promises about good upgrade deale in the future and not to fill the survey for skoda - Im actually tempted to not accept the money and fill it after all
Kodiaq Edition 7s 2019 - Quartz gray[*] - Business gray :o , area view[*] - reversing camera :o , children pack, spare wheel, partition net, front/rear sensors, virtual cockpit

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:21 pm

I don’t see any reason why you should accept what you did not order, but from what I can gauge from your post is that you have accepted delivery of the car, is that correct? If you have then there is little you can do.

The fact that they have offered you something on the premise that you do not fill out a Skoda survey is a concern to me. It sounds like "the fault at the factory" is nothing but a lie, why would they want to cover up a manufacturing and supply mistake which is not their fault? Did they order the correct specification?

I do not find that any compensation should be reliant upon not giving an honest response to Skoda survey, this to me is nothing but a bribe. Why would they worry if your survey said there was a mistake, but the dealer resolved it to your satisfaction…. Perhaps they make a habit of making ‘mistakes’?

The "good upgrade deal in the future" is worth absolutely nothing and is insulting your intelligence, good words maybe but I doubt they will either remember it or honour it in the future, sounds like salesman BS to pacify you to take the car and to go away.

I would be talking to Skoda Exec Office, explain to them the situation, use language such as I have in terms of being bribed not to take a survey. Chances are you will get the same offer (if not better) from Skoda than you would from the dealer.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:30 pm

I wouldn't call it a bribe, I would call it BLACKMAIL! Who is the dealer?
Frankly, I would be tempted to take the £500, clear the cheque and then fill in the survey. I I agree with FA get stroppy (politely) with the Skoda executive office.
As far as colour is concerned, if SWMBO prefers it I would keep quiet! :lol:
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Steve101

Post by Steve101 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:44 pm

The approach I would take is:

As you have accepted the car you have lessened your bargaining hand.

But the bottom line is that they need to make you ‘happy’

The people you bought the car from have two options, make you an offer that would make you ‘happy’ or you will refer directly to Skoda and seek their assistance in negotiating a deal that would make you happy

You need to be clear in your own mind what would make you happy. Without that clarity of thinking there is no way you are in a position to negotiate.

Look at the cost of the are view option, from my memory that is over£1000

Look at the inconvenience you have had and the upset. You don’t want savings on a future purchase you want the money in your pocket now

If it was me I would be asking for £2,500 and be prepared to settle for £1800. If you don’t get satisfaction refer to Skoda. Another thought look at the vehicle identification number and check that it is a recent manufacture, and they are not palming you off with a car that was manufactured ages ago. If they are you will expose another lye you have been told (not manufactured to your specification) , if that is the case I would be looking for considerably more than £2k.! From the VIN Skoda will be able to tell you when car was manufactured.

Just my thoughts, don’t be soft. Hope this is of some help.

Steve
Kodiaq 1.5 TSI Edition, quartz grey, heated window, rear camera, front parking sensors, mud flaps, personalisation, space saver wheel

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:49 pm

Steve101 wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:44 pm
The approach I would take is:

As you have accepted the car you have lessened your bargaining hand.

But the bottom line is that they need to make you ‘happy’

The people you bought the car from have two options, make you an offer that would make you ‘happy’ or you will refer directly to Skoda and seek their assistance in negotiating a deal that would make you happy

You need to be clear in your own mind what would make you happy. Without that clarity of thinking there is no way you are in a position to negotiate.

Look at the cost of the are view option, from my memory that is over£1000

Look at the inconvenience you have had and the upset. You don’t want savings on a future purchase you want the money in your pocket now

If it was me I would be asking for £2,500 and be prepared to settle for £1800. If you don’t get satisfaction refer to Skoda. Another thought look at the vehicle identification number and check that it is a recent manufacture, and they are not palming you off with a car that was manufactured ages ago. If they are you will expose another lye you have been told (not manufactured to your specification) , if that is the case I would be looking for considerably more than £2k.! From the VIN Skoda will be able to tell you when car was manufactured.

Just my thoughts, don’t be soft. Hope this is of some help.

Steve
If you want the exact production date you can get this from the MySkoda app, it will give you the detals of the prodiction date etc from the VIN number of the car.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:01 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:30 pm
I wouldn't call it a bribe, I would call it BLACKMAIL! Who is the dealer?
Frankly, I would be tempted to take the £500, clear the cheque and then fill in the survey. I I agree with FA get stroppy (politely) with the Skoda executive office.
As far as colour is concerned, if SWMBO prefers it I would keep quiet! :lol:
Colin, it was mentioned in the original post that it was ordered via www.skodastore.com which seems to be an intermediary company similar to Carwow but I have never heard of it before. Difficult to say how the order is processed as their website is down for updates.... not suspicious at all.

It would be good if Karoo lets us know how their process works as the dealership itself may have been dropped in it by www.skodastore.com and are trying to get themselves out of a hole. I know the dealers pay a 'finding fee' to Carwow for every enquiry they pass on, but I have no idea how this crowd works. I have always gone directly to the dealer after doing a carwow search so that I know roughly where the price needs to be.

Karoo

Post by Karoo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:10 pm

I've check the date on the my skoda app it showing that car was produced on the 30/08/2019 - I order it around 10/07/19 looks legit I suppose. As far as I understand my number was simply passed to the dealer via the website and then we discussed it all over the phone and emails. To be honest I am torn, I love the car but I feel like I was not treated serious through whole process. Why it is expected from me to check every paper 5 times, give all correct information and then I ending up with totally different car on the drive. Car was delivered 300 miles to me. I probably should just refused to take it and insist for the right one to be deliver asap - to be honest collecting new car its not something I'm doing every day - this is my second one with the first being absolutely basic one without any toys and problems. I've just didn't know what to say, and they were making promises that they will make it right for me. So I waited for a call thinking that surely things like that are not common- to f***d one order so badly. Choping for a big chunk of money to be taken off my monthly payments because at that moment it was all about money for me, believe me or not, going over wrong colour was way easier then going over the missing camera that I really wanted. Longer I'm thinking about it, it looks like I didn't get what I paid for. I've rang the sales manager this afternoon but he was busy 🤷‍♂️. So I will try tomorrow and see what he will say. Is this exec you were writing about is some kind of Skoda uk representative?

Ps: I was initially going through my local dealer but they lost skoda franchise 5 days after my test drive 🤯

Thanks all for advice

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”