It's coming.......Monday.

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Jeddie

It's coming.......Monday.

Post by Jeddie » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:25 am

Well.......Monday i take delivery of my first ever brand new car @ 50 year old.
Skoda Kodiaq (150) DSG 4x4 Edition 7 seat.
Colour Quartz Grey.
I am being hassled with Gap Insurance, tyres and SMART cover now. Do any of you lot purchase these?
Are they worth it. I see some GAP insures quote me £70 others £290. Big difference.

SMART is for small dents, scratches and so forth. Tyres and wheels.
Total for all 3 is £799 I cannot afford it (having to fork out large initial payment) but should i have them.
Your experience and wisdom please.

Cheers. Jed.
Gods country. Newcastle
Skoda Kodiaq (150) DSG Edition 4x4 7 seat.

FoxtrotAlpha

Re: It's coming.......Monday.

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:53 am

I have never bothered with any of these extra policies so no experience to recommend whether they are worth it or if they actually pay out.

Any small damage to my last one was cheaply and professionally done by a small body shop down the road for considerably less than what you are being quoted.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

StevieG

Post by StevieG » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:19 am

Gap insurance yes. If I’m spending the best part of £40k on a car it’s peace of mind to know that for 3 years if it’s written off I can have afford a brand new one without suffering any loss. I did buy Skoda GAP in the knowledge it was top end price but care with cheaper ones. I have a family member who bought GAP cheaply and needed to claim and had all sorts of problems. You get what you pay for I guess. Just think about the small cost compared to the value of the car!
Ordered 8th August, collected 2nd October. SEL 2.0 TDI 190 4x4 DSG. Quartz Grey with Beige Upholstery, Factory Towbar, Reversing Camera, Front Parking Sensors. :D

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:56 am

StevieG wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:19 am
Gap insurance yes. If I’m spending the best part of £40k on a car it’s peace of mind to know that for 3 years if it’s written off I can have afford a brand new one without suffering any loss. I did buy Skoda GAP in the knowledge it was top end price but care with cheaper ones. I have a family member who bought GAP cheaply and needed to claim and had all sorts of problems. You get what you pay for I guess. Just think about the small cost compared to the value of the car!
Mines in hire contract so I will never own it. Not really sure if it is written off and there is a shortfall who takes the hit, I assume its Skoda Finances problem. As long as I am operating within the contract then I dont need to worry.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:26 pm

No single answer to this. I had GAP on my previous car but I think it was only for a year. Effectively it provides the difference between your regular insurance payout and the cost of a new car. My current insurance I think comes with the first year GAP included if a new car.

Scratches and tyres is an interesting one. My previous car had many scratches caused by tree branches down narrow roads. Unavoidable and it would be interesting to see such insurance payout for such sustained and unavoidable damage. I tend to get through the tyres too with many punctures on the same very poor roads. I would estimate I could easily spend that much and more on tyres due to punctures in three years let alone the scratch repairs.

I tend to keep cars for 10 years so GAP for three years does not help much.

Depends on the type of environment you drive in. Your own driving experience will better any advice offered here as it is unique to you.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Jeddie

Post by Jeddie » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:31 pm

I should have added this is a lease car for 3 year.
Gods country. Newcastle
Skoda Kodiaq (150) DSG Edition 4x4 7 seat.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi.
Just to let you know that we offer a 12 month product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance but we feel fro some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.
Please feel free to take a look if you wish.
https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/extras/total-loss/
Regards,
Dan.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”