Up to date 1.5 EVO 'Kangaroo' fix available.

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Colin Lambert

Up to date 1.5 EVO 'Kangaroo' fix available.

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:47 am

This from my Skoda dealer 5 minutes ago,
Hi Colin,

Hot off the press. The 1.5 TSI fix has been released for some engines. I have checked one Karoq which was covered by it, so would assume something like your old one would too.

Regards,

Tom Sexton
Dealer Principal
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Silverbear

Re: Up to date 1.5 EVO 'Kangaroo' fix available.

Post by Silverbear » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:53 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:47 am
This from my Skoda dealer 5 minutes ago,
Hi Colin,

Hot off the press. The 1.5 TSI fix has been released for some engines. I have checked one Karoq which was covered by it, so would assume something like your old one would too.

Regards,

Tom Sexton
Dealer Principal
Do we know if it is a hardware or software fix? If software, I wonder if it will be rolled out to all engines when next serviced irrespective of gearbox and model? My DSG doesn't hesitate more than I expect a petrol to do compared to a diesel but it would be interesting to see if it made any difference.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:57 am

You know as much as I do.
The 'Kangaroo' syndrome only affected cars biult a bout a year ag as I understand it. My 18 plate (which Tom refers to) was so affected, in spite of being DSG. It was however not very serious and a quick prod on the accelerator pedal sorted it out.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:20 pm

I was talking to a sales person today when I collect a new car, from their side they are not and cannot place orders on the 1.5TSi as there is a known issue across the whole VAG group. There was no suggestion that this would change in the near future.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey
Somewhere in Scotland.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:49 pm

Frankly. I wouldnt trust anything the average car salesmen told me. The number of times I have been given misinformation is legion.
This is not what my dealer principal
Told me. He just said there was "a bit of a delay" he has always been honest with me over the 10 years I have known him.
He knows I keep my ear close to the ground and generally know what is going on.
[color=#00

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:49 pm
Frankly. I wouldnt trust anything the average car salesmen told me. The number of times I have been given misinformation is legion.
This is not what my dealer principal
Told me. He just said there was "a bit of a delay" he has always been honest with me over the 10 years I have known him.
He knows I keep my ear close to the ground and generally know what is going on.
Clearly you have access to far better dealers than us mere mortals. I see no reason why this sales person would lie and based on my recent order with them I would consider them as one of the better ones. My order and delivery was faultless.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey
Somewhere in Scotland.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:28 pm

I never said they lied. In nearly every franchise I have ever bought a car from it turns out I know more about what I want to buy than do the salesmen. This is purely down to product knowledge or lack thereof on their part. Before the Kodiaq had come out I had read almost every word written about it, scoured the Skoda web site etc. (as I do with every new car I buy
I went int a certain Somerset dealership and discovered they had not a clue about colours, which engines it had and which gear boxes were available with which engines. etc etc.
Since this was meant to be the greatest thing since sliced bread as far as Skoda were concerned one might assume those that were going to sell them would have 'bulled' up on the details. Let's face it, If I could they should be able to get even more info than I could get my hands on. A similar situation occurred with a Dorset dealership prior to the launch of the Karoq.
It should be noted that both were branches of different large chains of garages. This only goes to prove my point that in the main most large chains the staff don't give a flying **** about the customer. That is why I would always advise anybody, if possible, to go to a family owned dealership.
Meadens in Brockenhurst (New Forest) is on such. I have bought from them for 10 years and built up a very good rapport with the dealer principal and I have never been let down, either in sales or servicing .
In my 21 years with Shell dealing with the retail motor trade, I usually found this to be the case.
[color=#00

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:01 pm

I make a point of rarely asking a question I don't already know the answer to when buying something. Cars in particular, when I ask a sales person a question I'm finding out what they know, not what I want to know.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:54 am

Absolutely! If you are like me you have probably done your research and end up knowing more than they do.
[color=#00

CJJE

Post by CJJE » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:14 am

This reminds me of when my parents were looking for a new automatic car to replace their FIAT 128. The salesman was adamant that the 124 he was trying to sell them was also a front wheel drive car until I asked him why it had a prop shaft then!
Previously owned an Octavia L&K, currently driving a Golf SV, but looking at changing it for a Race Blue Kodiaq L&K :)

Return to “Faults & Technical”