Re: Ordered - the wait begins

Post by Daggerit » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:23 am

Kenny R wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:13 am
Daggerit wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:42 am
Blakey wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:21 pm
Well, Build code is now 30 so it's bolted together and on its way to spend god knows how long at the port in Emden before someone can be bothered to stick it on a boat, to its destination at shearness when it can spend a whole heap more time at a port before someone bothers to send a truck. Someone then has to hold me down and beat 35 grand out of me! lol
Is there somewhere you can check the build status yourself or do you have to go through the dealership each time to check?
You can use the live chat bubble that pops up at the bottom of the Skoda webpage. Plenty others have used this and if you have your order number it’s simple, but even if you don’t they can find you with the relevant info.
Great to know, thanks very much!

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:14 am

Live chat works OK but on my first order it didn’t show it had a planned production spot until it had been made.

I think the whole experience will depend on your dealer, my first Kodiaq was a bit problematic as they lost the car but also because the dealer didn’t care, they literally told me “it will turn up when it turns up”, they didn’t actively follow orders through the system. Other issues with the dealer resulted in a formal complaint to Skoda UK (got a holiday out of it - only a weekend away though).

The second order was night and day in comparison, the dealer were spot on, they gave me updates at every stage and it went without a fault. So I would wait a while to see how what type of dealer you have.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Daggerit

Post by Daggerit » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:18 am

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:14 am
Live chat works OK but on my first order it didn’t show it had a planned production spot until it had been made.

I think the whole experience will depend on your dealer, my first Kodiaq was a bit problematic as they lost the car but also because the dealer didn’t care, they literally told me “it will turn up when it turns up”, they didn’t actively follow orders through the system. Other issues with the dealer resulted in a formal complaint to Skoda UK (got a holiday out of it - only a weekend away though).

The second order was night and day in comparison, the dealer were spot on, they gave me updates at every stage and it went without a fault. So I would wait a while to see how what type of dealer you have.
The dealership has been pretty good so far to be honest, so I'm hoping that I'll get some update at the beginning of next week which is when build should've started. Already had to extend our current Skoda PCP deal because of the delay so don't fancy getting to the end of that extension with no car having arrived from them! :lol: :lol:

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:33 pm

Went from code 30 on Sept 27th to still code 30 on oct 4th to code 40 and sitting at sheerness on oct 8th- They must've catapulted from the train onto the ship as it was leaving port- lol
A couple of weeks and it should be ready, apart from wheel lock nut key and specced items I ordered and the usual bodywork check over is there anything else I should be looking out for? Will Skoda connect be dealt with there and then by the dealer?
Ordered an Edition 4x4 DSG 150ps in business grey- Area view pack- driver assistance pack- Virtual cockpit- Led pack- Remote folding rear seats- Heated screen- Childrens pack

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:00 pm

Blakey wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:33 pm
Went from code 30 on Sept 27th to still code 30 on oct 4th to code 40 and sitting at sheerness on oct 8th- They must've catapulted from the train onto the ship as it was leaving port- lol
A couple of weeks and it should be ready, apart from wheel lock nut key and specced items I ordered and the usual bodywork check over is there anything else I should be looking out for? Will Skoda connect be dealt with there and then by the dealer?
I would install the Skoda Connect app before going, to link it to the car you will need the VIN code and access to the infotainment system. A good dealer will go through that with you however it’s pretty hit or miss if they do.

On my latest Kodiaq the dealer made sure it was all setup and ensured I had everything I needed, this was (Parks Hamilton) and they were brilliant from order to delivery.

This was completely different to the dealer I got my first one from (Border cars Dumfries) who gave me the keys, didn’t even show me where the car was and said “you probably know more about the technology than we do”. They were pathetic hence going elsewhere.

They also never told me about the Skoda Ensurance scheme which is free, when I needed it I couldn’t use it as I was not registered and I could not register retrospectively. When I spoke to that dealer they said “they didn’t believe in the scheme so they don’t tell their customers about it”. You should get told about Ensurance and it’s worth having, you can register this as soon as the registration number is active on the DVLA database.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:10 pm

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:00 pm
Blakey wrote:
I would install the Skoda Connect app before going, to link it to the car you will need the VIN code and access to the infotainment system. A good dealer will go through that with you however it’s pretty hit or miss if they do.

On my latest Kodiaq the dealer made sure it was all setup and ensured I had everything I needed, this was (Parks Hamilton) and they were brilliant from order to delivery.

This was completely different to the dealer I got my first one from (Border cars Dumfries) who gave me the keys, didn’t even show me where the car was and said “you probably know more about the technology than we do”. They were pathetic hence going elsewhere.

They also never told me about the Skoda Ensurance scheme which is free, when I needed it I couldn’t use it as I was not registered and I could not register retrospectively. When I spoke to that dealer they said “they didn’t believe in the scheme so they don’t tell their customers about it”. You should get told about Ensurance and it’s worth having, you can register this as soon as the registration number is active on the DVLA database.
Thank you, I already downloaded and registered the app but I saw posts about people needing to return with ID to get it accepted. The ensurance box was ticked when the car was ordered so I'll definitely make sure I have it. Just want to make sure I check everything so that I don't get had over. It's amazing how blank a mind can go when it's occupied with the joy of something new.
Ordered an Edition 4x4 DSG 150ps in business grey- Area view pack- driver assistance pack- Virtual cockpit- Led pack- Remote folding rear seats- Heated screen- Childrens pack

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:27 pm

Blakey wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:10 pm
FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:00 pm
Blakey wrote:

Thank you, I already downloaded and registered the app but I saw posts about people needing to return with ID to get it accepted. The ensurance box was ticked when the car was ordered so I'll definitely make sure I have it. Just want to make sure I check everything so that I don't get had over. It's amazing how blank a mind can go when it's occupied with the joy of something new.
My understanding is that you do not need the dealer to do anything for the connect app to work except for the remote lock/unlock feature which does need them to activate.

Return to “Introductions”