VRS Sport Mode question

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
SkodaVRS1963

VRS Sport Mode question

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:50 pm

What's the difference between

(a) flicking the gearshift backwards to engage Sport (shows as S1 etc in the speedo) and
(b) selecting Sport Mode via the Infotainment system?

I assumed they were one and the same but tonight simultaneously I had normal mode via the gearshift (i.e didn't touch it, D1 etc showing in the speedo) and Sport Mode via the infotainment system (i.e Sport showing in the top left hand corner of the satnav).
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

J-R

Re: VRS Sport Mode question

Post by J-R » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Excellent question, would also love to hear the answer. I've wondered about this, but never actually asked the question here...
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

HavanaClub

Post by HavanaClub » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 pm

It changes few other things as well. The stiffness of the suspension, the steering wheel becomes harder, the throttle response is faster and the gearbox revs a bit higher.... thats a quick answer... :D
2019 Metal Grey Kodiaq RS

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:05 pm

HavanaClub wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 pm
It changes few other things as well. The stiffness of the suspension, the steering wheel becomes harder, the throttle response is faster and the gearbox revs a bit higher.... thats a quick answer... :D
OK, but which is the one that adjusts the steering, suspension, throttle response, higher gearbox revs?

And what is left for the other one to adjust?

🤔
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (123HP more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:32 pm

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:05 pm
HavanaClub wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 pm
OK, but which is the one that adjusts the steering, suspension, throttle response, higher gearbox revs?

And what is left for the other one to adjust?

🤔
It’s all in the owners manual, selecting sport by pulling the gear selector back just puts the gearbox into sport. By selecting sports mode in the driving mode selection adjusts the steering, suspension gearbox etc.
You can of course select individual mode and tailor the steering suspension as you require.

6A8D9D79-C26A-4F38-A15E-CA8E864713FF.jpeg

Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

SkodaVRS1963

Post by SkodaVRS1963 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:05 pm

Thanks Kenny, much appreciated.

Unfortunately these days, car manuals resemble War And Peace and so, if I'm honest, I couldn't be ar$ed to read through 340 pages.

Not a dig at Skoda, my Focus ST3 had a manual that ran to 297 pages.
Kodiaq VRS 2019 build, velvet red paint, heated windscreen, heated steering wheel

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”