Glovebox Rattle - How to gain access to rear

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
A18041967

Glovebox Rattle - How to gain access to rear

Post by A18041967 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:01 pm

I have a very annoying rattle that's coming from behind the glovebox and I'm hoping there's any easy way to release the glovebox to gain access to the rear. I expecting to find a simple fix and some component just needs securing instead of having to return it to a dealer to get it resolved.

Duncan
Duncan
Kadiaq SE 5 Seats, 2.0TDi 150, DSG FWD

FoxtrotAlpha

Re: Glovebox Rattle - How to gain access to rear

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:23 pm

A18041967 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:01 pm
I have a very annoying rattle that's coming from behind the glovebox and I'm hoping there's any easy way to release the glovebox to gain access to the rear. I expecting to find a simple fix and some component just needs securing instead of having to return it to a dealer to get it resolved.

Duncan
Yes, it's in the manual as it gives you access to the fuse box behind the glove box. Its not the easiest 'easy access' in the World as its fiddly on your own.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:29 pm

''
Fig. 363 Storage compartment on the front passenger side

Remove the ignition key, turn off the lights and all electrical consumers.
Open the storage compartment on the front passenger side.
Unlock the brake rod in the direction of arrow 1 and remove in the direction of arrow 2 Fig. 363.
Unlock the stop pad A in the direction of arrow 3 and the compartment folds down in the direction of arrow 4 .

Fold back the storage compartment
Raise the tray in the opposite direction of arrow 4 .
Overcome resistance of stop pad A .
Insert the brake rod against the direction of arrow 2 and lock against the direction of arrow 1 .
The compartment closes (increased force is required to close it) until it clicks into place
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Or in simple language......
Get a flat thin bladed dinner knife (the old fashioned sort with an ivory handle, or similar.
Open the glove box to its full extent, locate the slow closing arm and pop it off its peg, then insert the knife between the lugs on the right side, thereby releasing it .
Hold the knife while you push the identical lugs apart on the left side (or use another similar knife.)
Reversal is simple, push the lid closed until it clicks on both lugs and then re-attach the slow close 'leg,' be aware that the hole is keyhole shape.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

C2atb

Post by C2atb » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:49 pm

I would use the dealer , it shouldn’t be rattling and you don’t want to scratch or break anything
Black magic 1.4 SE ,7 seats , canton , rear view , privacy glass with tints, heko wind deflectors , ambient lighting , Amundsen , kessy , power tailgate/foot ,DCC, 22” OZ wheels , sportline style grill,montecarlo badges , ghost lights

Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:19 pm

Its skoda you'll never get rid of the rattles...put some gasket between glove box and glove box door and thats it....I did:)
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0TDI 190hp Elegance.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:24 pm

Fuzzz wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:19 pm
Its skoda you'll never get rid of the rattles...put some gasket between glove box and glove box door and thats it....I did:)
This glovebox rattle is something I have never noticed on any of my Skoda's.
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys, (92Kw more than enough for my needs), Leicestershire. :D

Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:32 pm

I have sensitive hearing so I can hear any little sound which doesn't seem normal......some people just don't hear so well or doesn't notice...
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0TDI 190hp Elegance.

Return to “Faults & Technical”