Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Headlight discoloration

12K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Fixx 
#1 ·
Hello,

Both my headlights are suffering from discoloration,I`m wondering if it is heat related?
My last warranty issue was not straight forward so I can`t see this being any different! Car in question is 2017 SE L 4x4

Cheers

Dan

#3 ·
Is it a misty kind of discolouration?

Do you park your car so the sun is shining on the front of it a lot of the time?

Poly-carbonate headlights tend to go milky over time if exposed to a lot of sunlight.

T-cut or similar products often helps reduce the problem.

#8 ·
Old and Grumpy said:
https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2082&hilit=Condensation#p21151

This has been discussed at length on this forum, see above link.
We are not talking about condensation...this issue we are talking is polycarbonate issues...look at very carefully pictures. You'll see this issue pretty soon on your bear (actually hope you are not) . Condensation is normal...my new lights are almpst condensation free.
My old headlight some weird round burnin or something inside headlight glass look carefully

Attachments

#9 ·
Fuzzz said:
Old and Grumpy said:
https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2082&hilit=Condensation#p21151

We are not talking about condensation...this issue we are talking is polycarbonate issues...look at very carefully pictures. You'll see this issue pretty soon on your bear (actually hope you are not) . Condensation is normal...my new lights are almpst condensation free.
My old headlight some weird round burnin or something inside headlight glass look carefully
My Yogi now 14 months old and I have never noticed any condensation or discolouration on the headlights.

#10 ·
Old and Grumpy said:
Fuzzz said:
Old and Grumpy said:

My Yogi now 14 months old and I have never noticed any condensation or discolouration on the headlights.
Lucky you, this is the known issue. We thought with dealer that this might be the oil or lube hella use in headlight motor. Dealer promised me to let me know after factory dissambles the headlight...but no news

#11 ·
Looks like condensation to me, quite normal on modern headlights as they are not 100% sealed.

#17 ·
#20 ·
Fuzzz said:
Old and Grumpy said:
Fuzzz said:
Lucky you, this is the known issue. We thought with dealer that this might be the oil or lube hella use in headlight motor. Dealer promised me to let me know after factory dissambles the headlight...but no news
Above answer is correct..we have several cases in Taiwan now. Lens inside with white turbid stuffs.looks like mold releasing agent or lubricant deposit on surface.....Taiwanese dealer shop takes a photo back to Skoda Czech to apply for new one spare.

#21 ·
I also have this same discoloration, and noticed the exact same on few other Kodiaq's. Dealer forwards it to Skoda Turkey but they didn't approved warranty change for headlights, so I stuck with these cloudy things. I think it may be related to humidity level of where car been used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.