DSG gearbox fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Bearclaws

DSG gearbox fault

Post by Bearclaws » Sun May 05, 2019 2:06 pm

I have a 2018(July) Skoda kodiaq Style model DSG 7 speed model. I noticed a clunking or popping noise in the gearbox when I lift off the accelerator (gears changing between 2/3 only) I can feel the popping in the floor and passenger can hear and feel it too.
Skoda replaced a mechatronic kit already but issue still relevant.
Wondering if any other Skoda kodiaq owners of this model have experienced anything like this?
Also, the front assist keeps knocking off and the kessy key is not detected a number of times. :(

Colin Lambert

Re: DSG gearbox fault

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun May 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Sorry, never heard of either of your problems.
Perhaps Zach might know what is going on.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon May 06, 2019 10:02 am

Bearclaws wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:06 pm
I have a 2018(July) Skoda kodiaq Style model DSG 7 speed model. I noticed a clunking or popping noise in the gearbox when I lift off the accelerator (gears changing between 2/3 only) I can feel the popping in the floor and passenger can hear and feel it too.
Wondering if any other Skoda kodiaq owners of this model have experienced anything like this?
Also, the front assist keeps knocking off and the kessy key is not detected a number of times. :(
My front assist kept turning itself off but so did the front camera system, light assist and blind spot assist. It was resolved by having the cameras recalibrated, I also believe they replaced one of the management modules but no idea if this solved the problem or if the recalibration did. That was in the first 5 months of ownership and it has not happed again since (18 months).

It was a bit of an ordeal with the dealer to get it re-calibrated (not my normal dealer as the equipment needed is quite sparse) as they wanted to charge about £278 for the work. I had to get Skoda UK involved as this for me was a warranty claim, they reluctantly agreed after some argument.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey
Somewhere in Scotland.

Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz » Mon May 06, 2019 4:26 pm

Bearclaws wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:06 pm
I had 2014 superb 7speed DSG ...went to dealer with gearbox clunk...they said its normal. Just a couple of minutes ago Octavia was braking and heared the gearbox clunk. And my kodiaq making same clunking noise after 5000km. And heared lots of superb with same noise. I'm not bothering anymore. Some of us hearing it some of us not and thats the way it is.
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0TDI 190hp Elegance.

Fuzzz

Post by Fuzzz » Mon May 06, 2019 4:36 pm

And I'm not sure it is a gearbox it may be front half axle shaft aswell which makes noise...problably it is
Skoda Kodiaq 2.0TDI 190hp Elegance.

Return to “Faults & Technical”