Rear bumper reflector

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Markmcg

Re: Rear bumper reflector

Post by Markmcg » Fri May 17, 2019 8:05 am

Look forward to hearing how it went and seeing some pictures of the result. Have fun

Napier

Post by Napier » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:23 am

Another one in the queue to hear how to fit and see pics. We have just got a blue Kodiaq so really interested.

Napier

Post by Napier » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:47 pm

Now fitted, from Superskoda. Really breaks up that plain rear end.
Suggest fitting the reflector to the black moulding before fitting in place.
I levered existing corner reflectors out and broke them, to save having to get behind to the clips. New corner reflectors match the refector bar.
Also fitted dummy exhaust trims from Superskoda to break up large expanse of black plastic bumper.

20190703_183003.jpg

Rear reflector and dummy exhaust trims

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Napier wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:47 pm
I levered existing corner reflectors out and broke them, to save having to get behind to the clips. New corner reflectors match the refector bar.
Also fitted dummy exhaust trims from Superskoda to break up large expanse of black plastic bumper.
Does all that put your insurance up? Insurers want to know about body kits and exhaust modifications.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

Napier

Post by Napier » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:58 pm

Not a bodykit, its a safety feature if anything.
Exhaust is not modified, just trims added.

Silverbear

Post by Silverbear » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:10 pm

Napier wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:58 pm
Not a bodykit, its a safety feature if anything.
Exhaust is not modified, just trims added.
If it were me I'd tell my insurance company. I have to tell mine when I fit 17 Inch wheels and winter tyres despite it making the car safer for winter driving. Happily they don't charge me anything but they insist on being informed, and again when I change back to Summer wheels. My insurance terms and conditions say any modification after it leaves the factory, even an aftermarket tow bar and I wonder of one needs to tell them about tow bar mounted bike carriers.

There is no harm telling them so they have a record, better to have to pay more than run the risk of voiding ones insurance is the view I take. I know for example I must tell them if I fit aftermarket reversing sensors or camera.
SE (5 seats) 1.5 4x4 DSG, factory tow bar, drive mode selection, reversing camera, rough road package, folding door mirrors, 215/65R17 spare wheel.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:10 pm

Napier wrote:
Would be good seeing an image of the whole of the car from the rear so we can see it in its entirety, difficult to tell if I like it from close up. Not convinced by the exhausts to be honest but more than happy to be out voted by the masses. That said I’m a little bias as I’m not a fan of car mods so difficult to please.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:17 pm

Napier wrote:
I saw a Kodiaq just like this today! In fact it parked right outside the house.

It looked very smart too!
Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera.

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”