Carwow Kamiq

The place to discuss everything else..
Colin Lambert

Carwow Kamiq

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:12 pm

Kamiq Vs Karoq

ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Old and Grumpy

Re: Carwow Kamiq

Post by Old and Grumpy » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:37 pm

Hmmm! So the Kamiq "is the first Skoda to get pop out door guards". Have they never seen a Kodiaq?
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, wiggly stick, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Melton Mowbray.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb. :)

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:40 am

Fear not! It has been pointed out!

Hannah (carwow)
Mar 5, 09:36 GMT

Hi Lambert,

Thanks for getting in touch. This is very interesting indeed - thanks for bringing this to my attention - I will be giving it straight to the editorial team. (*Update - I have given this directly to the producer)

I can imagine that there are MANY unhappy owners!

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, and thanks for letting us know.

Kind regards,
Hannah
carwow customer champion
Call: 0800 808 5885
Text: 0753 302 5324

Lambert Colin A
Mar 4, 17:44 GMT

Whoops! Your Youtube quick review. You said.......Kamiq "First Skoda to have
pop out door protectors" WRONG! Did you not road test the Kodiaq???
And rubbish they were too. All those that have fallen off are, Skoda claims, NOT covered by
the warranty. Many unhappy owners,
regards,
Colin Lambert.
Moderator Skoda
Kodiaq Forum.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

sparkymark

Post by sparkymark » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:59 am

I love my door protectors......never had a problem with them in first year of ownership....even the kids haven't messed them up!!!!
Petrol Blue 1.4TSi 150BHP, 7 seat SEL, with Canton Sound (yes it's worth the price), 19" Triglav alloys, Beige Leather and Reversing camera
North West UK

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:19 pm

sparkymark wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:59 am
I love my door protectors......never had a problem with them in first year of ownership....even the kids haven't messed them up!!!!
Same here. I asked the dealer about them getting damaged or lost when I was buying the car. He said there had only been one problem, a lady who caught her handbag handle on one and snapped it off.

Since I don't use a handbag any blame will be put onto SWMBO. :lol:
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, wiggly stick, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Melton Mowbray.

Kevinthepenguin

Post by Kevinthepenguin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:46 pm

I like my door protectors too!! One did come off when my daughter caught her rucksack on it, but it popped off, rather than snapped or anything, and popped straight back on.
2017 SKODA KODIAQ EDITION TDI 150 4WD, 7 seats, 1968CC Diesel, 5DR, Manual, Magnetic brown

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:49 pm

They are a 'Simply clever' and jolly good idea plagiarised from Ford!.
Those replied above are lucky.
There are more than a few who have had problems involving ructions with dealers and SUK who refuse to accept failure as a warranty claim.
At least one member has ripped all four off!!
[color=#00

Kevinthepenguin

Post by Kevinthepenguin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:24 pm

I look forward to mine falling off in due course, then, Colin!!!
2017 SKODA KODIAQ EDITION TDI 150 4WD, 7 seats, 1968CC Diesel, 5DR, Manual, Magnetic brown

MrTrilby

Post by MrTrilby » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:49 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:49 pm
There are more than a few who have had problems involving ructions with dealers and SUK who refuse to accept failure as a warranty claim.
How do you know what proportion of owners have had problems with them and which have not? How do you know that it’s not just some people have been unlucky and the majority just fine?

Is it not worth finding that out before potentially misrepresenting the situation to a car review organisation? As a current owner, if the issue is not widespread then I’d be a little miffed with you if reviewers started listing the Kodiaq as “problematic”, simply because of your rather vocal campaign.
190 4x4 SEL DSG with pano roof, ACC, reversing camera, towbar, heated multifunction steering wheel, heated front & rear seats, rear tables, luggage net, electric driver seat, ambient lighting, media command

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:55 pm

MrTrilby wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:49 pm
Colin Lambert wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:49 pm
How do you know what proportion of owners have had problems with them and which have not? How do you know that it’s not just some people have been unlucky and the majority just fine?

Is it not worth finding that out before potentially misrepresenting the situation to a car review organisation? As a current owner, if the issue is not widespread then I’d be a little miffed with you if reviewers started listing the Kodiaq as “problematic”, simply because of your rather vocal campaign.
To be fair, Colin only said that there "were more than a few". That is evident from this forum alone!

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”