VAG admit problem with 1.5 EVO engine

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Jezza3432

Re: VAG admit problem with 1.5 EVO engine

Post by Jezza3432 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:54 pm

Quick update.

Took my car to my local Skoda dealer & they were excellent - great customer service :)

They advised me the VW 1.5 TSI throttle/kangaroo issue is expecting a Q2 fix.

They also adjusted my auto parking brake which was releasing too late making the biting point hard to judge/unpredictable.

This has made it easier to balance clutch and accelerator when the car is cold to avoid kangaroo hopping & easier to pull away quickly without it bogging down with too low revs.

Just need that fix in Q2.

the_osco

Post by the_osco » Tue May 14, 2019 1:51 pm

Jezza3432 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:54 pm
Quick update.

Took my car to my local Skoda dealer & they were excellent - great customer service :)

They advised me the VW 1.5 TSI throttle/kangaroo issue is expecting a Q2 fix.

They also adjusted my auto parking brake which was releasing too late making the biting point hard to judge/unpredictable.

This has made it easier to balance clutch and accelerator when the car is cold to avoid kangaroo hopping & easier to pull away quickly without it bogging down with too low revs.

Just need that fix in Q2.
Did they give you more explanation about that?

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue May 14, 2019 4:05 pm

When I picked up my second Karoq a couple of weeks ago I asked about the 1.5 'fix'. I was told that VAG had issued it and almost immediately withdrew it as being not fit for purpose. So we w a i t! & w a i t!
So saying, I have been lucky, neither of my Karoqs with DSG have suffered from the Kangaroo syndrome. It appears to affect the manuals more than the DSGs.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Zach

Post by Zach » Wed May 15, 2019 1:54 am

You're already on your second Karoq? Jesus!
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles|Brilliant Silver RS ordered 4/5/19

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Wed May 15, 2019 9:05 am

Unfortunately, he didn't pay for it! :lol:
Couldn't do without my pan roof any longer!! Not now the sun is out!
It's an Edition so it has quite a few more toys than the SE L and abetter colour...Petrol Blue. Also 4WD which I really don't need, but 2WD Editions are no longer available in Blighty. about 3MPG worse than the 2WD SE L
It wasn't new. It had been the Service Managers car, but only 2 months old and 1300 miles on the odo. save me nearly £2k on list

ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Return to “Faults & Technical”