VAG admit problem with 1.5 EVO engine

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
Colin Lambert

VAG admit problem with 1.5 EVO engine

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:05 pm

(Sorry, just realised this article has already been posted, but a second showing won't hurt)
But claim it is manual. SO why is my 1.5 DSG doing it (slightly/occasionally )?
https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/ownin ... ll%20story
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Colin Lambert

Re: VAG admit problem with 1.5 EVO engine

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:32 pm

Arkaig,
No problem.
Yes, absolutely sure.
The 1.4 TSi engine is no more. The replacement for all VAG vehicles, including Kodiaq & Karoq is the 1.5 EVO engine.
See post here.........viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2239#p22695 'PhilM' is having BIG problems.

Reporting posts is intended for offensive material, commercial entries masquerading as genuine forum members etc.
A question on the thread or a P.M. will do. :D
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Jezza3432

Post by Jezza3432 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:54 pm

I've had my 1.5 TSI manual Skoda Karoq for a week. I love the design/drive except for the fact I keep 'stalling' at junctions and kangaroo hopping until I get up to about 20mph. Initial I though it was my driving position, but I am glad I found this forum.

I frequently have to pull away from very busy junctions. Several times now I have gone to pull away quickly, but the revs drop off and the car stops moving. Scary when an HGV is coming at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is DANGEROUS and need fixing before I get killed. I now need to massively over rev the engine and slip the clutch to ensure I avoid the dead zone – this time of year this leads to the traction control kicking on as I screech off the line with a rapidly wearing out clutch.

Lots of reports on VW & Seat forums about the 1.5 TSI & the same issue.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:31 am

It does seem to be the manual that is far more badly affected. Although my DSG Karoq was doing it, it seems to have 'cured' itself somehow.
Complain to Skoda U.K. and your dealer.
Although they know about it, the more pressure is put on them (hopefully) the quicker it will get resolved.
[color=#00

Jezza3432

Post by Jezza3432 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:43 am

Out of interest do all the cars with 1.5 manual have an Auto Handbrake?

rdguk

Post by rdguk » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:42 pm

Just had this issue with my 2 day old Kodiaq

A lot of honks or horns behind me and about 20 seconds later it sprung back into life again

I’ll log it with my dealer, but I’ve got a DSG box so definitely not just manual transmission

Start stop wasn’t active at the time and I did think the engine felt wrong, was more vibration than normal, I wander if it’s related to the ACT tech?
1.5TSI SEL DSG in Moon White with F/R Sensors

scfnet

Post by scfnet » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:17 pm

I had something similar tonight with my DSG. Crawling through a very narrow gap (old village hall car park gate) and went to pull away and nothing at all. I could put the throttle all the way to the floor and no power at all. I put it into neutral and back to D and still nothing. Had to stop and start to get it going again. The engine was cold but had pulled out of the parking space and driven about 50 yards with no issue and then this.
Edition 1.5 TSi DSG in Emerald Green / Beige Leather, Park Assist, Area View Camera, Heated Screen and Washers, Heated and Ventilated front seats, Traffic Sign Recognition. Surrey (just)

rdguk

Post by rdguk » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:30 pm

scfnet wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:17 pm
I had something similar tonight with my DSG. Crawling through a very narrow gap (old village hall car park gate) and went to pull away and nothing at all. I could put the throttle all the way to the floor and no power at all. I put it into neutral and back to D and still nothing. Had to stop and start to get it going again. The engine was cold but had pulled out of the parking space and driven about 50 yards with no issue and then this.
Exactly the same as me... no revs or anything, hadn’t thought but it was fairly cold (driven mabye 500yd)
1.5TSI SEL DSG in Moon White with F/R Sensors

PhilM

Post by PhilM » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:54 pm

Snap !!!
Petrol Blue 5 seat Kodiak Edition 1.5TSI DSG with19" Sirius wheels and too many expensive extras! Collected 3rd January.

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:56 am

I suggest you ALL inform your dealer (so they can log it with SUK)
Then ring AND email* SUK Customer Services. I also suggest that rather than discussing it with the person that answers the 'phone, demand, politely, that you speak to a Customer Services MANAGER. * Then when you have his/her name email them.
I understand that any of you who have only owned your cars for a short time are entitled, should you so wish, to return the car and demand a full refund as they are obviously not fit for purpose. Check with Trading Standards first to make sure.
VAG are fully aware of this problem and are trying to fix it.........It depends if you are prepared to put up with such a dangerous fault. Personally I would NOT!
[color=#00

Return to “Faults & Technical”