Beardface has ripped my door protector off!

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Old and Grumpy

Re: Breadface has ripped my door protector off!

Post by Old and Grumpy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:31 pm

If you are unlucky enough to have broken the actual plastic door protector, you can get them relatively cheaply here:

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/category/ ... iaq,b.html

You will notice that they aren't handed but that the front and rear ones share the same part number for each side.

[/quote]

The part numbers are not identical, each door has its own part number. But why is the left rear more expensive than the other three?
2018 Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol Blue, Leicestershire. :D

ChrisL

Re: Breadface has ripped my door protector off!

Post by ChrisL » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:38 pm

Old and Grumpy wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:31 pm
The part numbers are not identical, each door has its own part number. But why is the left rear more expensive than the other three?
Apologies. I didn't check the middle digits.

As to why the one is expensive I can only think either they sell less than the others so their unit purchase price is higher or its just an error?

Or a batch bought earlier or later where exchange rates varied?
Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera.

wheelwright

Re: Beardface has ripped my door protector off!

Post by wheelwright » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:05 pm

ChrisL & Beardface, cheers for the info, always nice to know how to fix a problem before it happens!
Ordered 20.7.18 delivery 1.3.19
Black magic 2.0tsi SEL 7 Seats 190 4x4 dsg
Beige heated leather front & rear
Heated steering wheel, Folding tables, Reverse camera, Remote folding rear seats, 19" Black Gloss Triglav alloys

James Sportline 2020

Post by James Sportline 2020 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi gang,

I fancy putting a set of these guards in, but wasn't sure if it's just a case of making a purchase and they just slot in or are there some kind of mechanism that the doors should have build in?

My Sportline didn't come with these but I'm not sure if the attachment springs are already inside the doors for people like me who wants to add them as an afterthought?
James
Manchester - Kodiaq Sportline 7 seat DSG 150PS 2020 MK2

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:06 pm

James Sportline 2020 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:18 pm
Hi gang,

I fancy putting a set of these guards in, but wasn't sure if it's just a case of making a purchase and they just slot in or are there some kind of mechanism that the doors should have build in?

My Sportline didn't come with these but I'm not sure if the attachment springs are already inside the doors for people like me who wants to add them as an afterthought?
I wouldn’t think that the mechanism would be fitted inside the doors of cars without this option.
You will probably need to acquire the internal mechanism and edge protector for each individual door.
Similar to this...

BA48FAC6-2EC2-4AEE-A954-2869599F5DC7.jpeg

Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

James Sportline 2020

Post by James Sportline 2020 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:30 pm

Thank you.

You are right, after probing the slot on the door, it does need additional kit putting in first.

Many thanks again for your help!

James
James
Manchester - Kodiaq Sportline 7 seat DSG 150PS 2020 MK2

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:08 pm

James Sportline 2020 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:18 pm
Hi gang,

I also have a Sportline and it thankfully doesn't have the door protectors.

My previous Edition did and although on paper they sound like a great idea in practice they are woefully badly designed and implemented. I would strongly recommend that you do not fit them, I think you will regret it.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 am

James,
Really chum, don't wast your. time and money, they are (IMHO) a pain in the @rse! As said above they are poorly designed, poorly built and not fit for purpose. Buy some of these instead.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:07 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 am
James,
Really chum, don't wast your. time and money, they are (IMHO) a pain in the @rse! As said above they are poorly designed, poorly built and not fit for purpose. Buy some of these instead.
Alternatively don’t smack your doors into anything hard.... just an idea.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Sportline - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey

Daggerit

Post by Daggerit » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:34 am

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:07 pm
Colin Lambert wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:04 am
James,
Alternatively don’t smack your doors into anything hard.... just an idea.
Genius idea.

Problem is that kids don't care about smacking doors into hard objects and also use the doors to help get in/out and can accidentally push them open more. So it's not always as simple as 'don't hit something' and little things like this can actually be handy for certain people.
Business Grey MY20 1.5 TSI Manual SE L with Family Pack and Heated Windscreen