Hi from Essex

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
s2kmy

Hi from Essex

Post by s2kmy » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:45 pm

Had a test drive in a 1.5TSI today, liked it so ordered one :)

Now the long 16 week wait for it to arrive....
L&K Moon White 1.5TSI DSG 4x4 with Virtual cockpit Adaptive cruise Folding tables Heated rear seats Personalisation drive mode Driver alert Tri-Zone climate Virtual pedal, Heated steering wheel Park assist Traffic sign rec Media command..

Swindiaq

Re: Hi from Essex

Post by Swindiaq » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:12 am

Welcome.
Nice spec! You'll love it.
Had mine over a year and still enjoying it every time
2017 SE L / 1.4 TSI 2wd DSG / 7seat / black everything / Canton / front sensors / rear cam / ACC / traffic recog / Williams ceramic protection

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:07 pm

Welcome to the forum Enjoy the wait!! It WILL be worth it!
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Alan Chapple

Post by Alan Chapple » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:33 pm

General question, what specific piece of non-standard equipment did you need that was worth a 16 week wait?

I'd read loads of threads on here of very lengthy wait times from initial ordering to delivery, so we just bought a standard edition from pre-built stock and picked it up the same week once finance was approved and insurance was sorted etc. We did look at the optional extras available and wold have liked a couple but none justified waiting literally months for a car to be delivered, at least for us.
2.0 TDI 190bhp, Edition, 4x4, DSG, Quartz Grey

s2kmy

Post by s2kmy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:34 pm

ACC was an absolute must for me, all my recent cars have had it and I would not be without it.

Then just kept adding things I like making sure to keep list price below the £40k mark, not paying the extra £310 tax each year! I was surprised how many things are not standard on even the luxury model.

Driving around in my Golf R for the next 4 months is no real hardship, best enjoy the performance while I still can ;-)
L&K Moon White 1.5TSI DSG 4x4 with Virtual cockpit Adaptive cruise Folding tables Heated rear seats Personalisation drive mode Driver alert Tri-Zone climate Virtual pedal, Heated steering wheel Park assist Traffic sign rec Media command..

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:04 pm

s2kmy wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:34 pm
ACC was an absolute must for me, all my recent cars have had it and I would not be without it.

Then just kept adding things I like making sure to keep list price below the £40k mark, not paying the extra £310 tax each year! I was surprised how many things are not standard on even the luxury model.

Driving around in my Golf R for the next 4 months is no real hardship, best enjoy the performance while I still can ;-)
It’s amazing what isn’t on the higher specs including the vRS. Mine is a standard Edition and took months to arrive but that 18 months ago now. I don’t believe it’s changed much over that time hence why in need to order the replacement.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

Return to “Introductions”