SIM Card - Help required, and a warning!!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Kodiaq
PhilM

SIM Card - Help required, and a warning!!!

Post by PhilM » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:58 pm

The manual says to insert a MINI Sim Card into the Columbus Infotainment module , however it should state STANDARD in the UK, as these days the terminology used to describe SIM card sizes are Standard, Micro and Nano.

Unfortunately I only discovered this after I inserted a Micro card which I wrongly thought was a Mini card, and I can't now extract the Micro one.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get the Micro SIM out, without going to a dealer?

Your help will be much appreciated.

PhilM
Petrol Blue 5 seat Kodiak Edition 1.5TSI DSG with19" Sirius wheels and too many expensive extras! Collected 3rd January.

Kenny R

Re: SIM Card - Help required, and a warning!!!

Post by Kenny R » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:23 pm

Your not the first. This one had a happy ending....
viewtopic.php?t=1336
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.
And for the winter months: 17” Black alloys with 215x65x17 Nokian WR SUV3 winter tyres.

PhilM

Post by PhilM » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:20 pm

Thanks Kenny. I'll give the pins etc a try.
Petrol Blue 5 seat Kodiak Edition 1.5TSI DSG with19" Sirius wheels and too many expensive extras! Collected 3rd January.

John McA

Post by John McA » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:15 pm

Just done the same - did the pins work?
Feb 2019 Kodiak 2.0L DSG SEL 7 seat 4x4 SEL meteor grey with sunroof, heated front seats, LEDs and electric towbar

John McA

Post by John McA » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Finally extracted card with single side of a flat pair of tweezers. Put in Standard size SIM in the opposite orientation to the manual and it all works. Complete pain but the car is now on giffgaff which is cool. Dealers might consider leaving a note on the unit
Feb 2019 Kodiak 2.0L DSG SEL 7 seat 4x4 SEL meteor grey with sunroof, heated front seats, LEDs and electric towbar

Return to “Faults & Technical”