Sat Nav

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
ALG

Sat Nav

Post by ALG » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:45 pm

I'm not too impressed with the SatNav, bit slow and show less than optimal routes.

Is there a way to connect the likes of Waze as a default App?
1.5 SE L, Business Grey, 7 Seats, no spare wheel

eLTe

Re: Sat Nav

Post by eLTe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Apple car play / android auto are your friends. Both can do google maps / waze etc. Voice command is better when in use too.
Sportline 1.4 TSI DSG 4x4 : Business Grey : Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Child Pack, Driver Profile thingy

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Never had a problem with the routing on the Columbus SatNav, might be worth checking your settings. For me CarPlay and Android Auto are a pain. We find the voice recognition pretty good too.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Ordered 3rd April - Build Week 26 - Collected 17 August

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:06 pm

I’ve never had a problem with the sat nav with google maps overlay on the Columbus in mine either. As above I would check you setting that you haven’t got with trailer, or roads to avoid selected.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.

ALG

Post by ALG » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:08 pm

Thanks guys

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm

Kenny R wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:06 pm
I’ve never had a problem with the sat nav with google maps overlay on the Columbus in mine either. As above I would check you setting that you haven’t got with trailer, or roads to avoid selected.
For some reason both the Kodiaq and the Octavia vRS we had both came delivered with the satnav set to avoid motorways andtolls so the routing was quite creative. I assume it’s the factory default.

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:38 pm

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 pm
For some reason both the Kodiaq and the Octavia vRS we had both came delivered with the satnav set to avoid motorways andtolls so the routing was quite creative. I assume it’s the factory default.
Are you sure it wasn't set to avoid Trolls instead? :P

Seriously though I've found the standard Satnav to be very good. I was especially pleased when I was heading out of Bristol on the Portway, and the Satnav suddenly announced it was changing my routing from the new Severn Bridge to use the old one.

I trust it's guidance far more than I trust my previous VW/Audi and Pioneer satnav systems.
Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera.

ALG

Post by ALG » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:45 pm

Maybe it’s a London thing but took us in circles a few times

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:54 pm

It does sometimes suggest routes which theoretically the quickest but in practice aren’t due to the roads themselves (B roads designated as 60mph when you can’t drive them at that speed). You can usually spot those before set off. That can be said about most SatNavs.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”