Model Deletion

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
TonyC

Model Deletion

Post by TonyC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:21 pm

Like a few others on here I found the rear lettering to be a bit busy and also a PITA when cleaning. So this morning I made the modification for a smooth arse end.
I couldn’t help but think along the way that maybe Skoda missed a trick... :lol:

D5DD94DA-F818-4742-AE2F-567C968892E5.jpeg

3A6FCEA5-8CCB-438A-AB34-ECC89CFEC272.jpeg

2.0 TDI 190 Sportline 7 Seat SCR DSG 4x4, Black Magic, Canton, Heated Wheel with paddles, Heated windscreen / washers, Towbar prep, Front and rear parking sensors, personalisation of drive mode, space saver.

DrMatt

Re: Model Deletion

Post by DrMatt » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Haha, love it...no actually I really do love it. Think I may have to do this minor mod. My last car was a black Audi A3 and I specced model deletion from build as I get sick of cleaning the letters with a cotton bud. The S on Skoda is horrendous for catching cloths and wash mitts on.

Thanks for sharing
Ordered in September 2018; collected 18th December. 1.5TSi ACT DSG Edition in Black Magic (the one true colour!) with Virtual Pedal. What a beast!! Why did I waste 20 years of hard earned cash on Audis?

DrMatt

Post by DrMatt » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:36 pm

By the way, what technique did you use to remove please? You seem to have done a top job.
Ordered in September 2018; collected 18th December. 1.5TSi ACT DSG Edition in Black Magic (the one true colour!) with Virtual Pedal. What a beast!! Why did I waste 20 years of hard earned cash on Audis?

TonyC

Post by TonyC » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:58 pm

Thanks. Yes I think it looks much better too.
After first thoroughly washing the car I poured hot water onto the letters to soften the glue, then used an old plastic EU Insurance card to push under them to loosen them off. You can also use fishing line. Once I got them off I removed the adhesive residue using a combination of T-Cut on a micro fibre and my thumb nail to gently pick it all off. With all the residue fully removed I just applied additional wax to those areas. Job done.
2.0 TDI 190 Sportline 7 Seat SCR DSG 4x4, Black Magic, Canton, Heated Wheel with paddles, Heated windscreen / washers, Towbar prep, Front and rear parking sensors, personalisation of drive mode, space saver.

DrMatt

Post by DrMatt » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:06 pm

Cheers. I might give it a go next weekend

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:49 pm

It’s very subjective but I’m not a fan of debadging cars, I am probably in the minority but I prefer it with the badges on as it’s to sparse without them. I’m not sold on the Skodiaq badge either, but it down to personal taste.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

DrMatt

Post by DrMatt » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:27 pm

FoxtrotAlpha wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:49 pm
It’s very subjective but I’m not a fan of debadging cars, I am probably in the minority but I prefer it with the badges on as it’s to sparse without them. I’m not sold on the Skodiaq badge either, but it down to personal taste.
Erm, I may be mistaken but I sort of think the Skodiaq badge in the picture was sort of...erm...a joke? He fully debadged it...

Unless of course your comment was an elaborate double bluff in disguise? If so, it was a very good disguise!

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:41 am

Just wondering; is this advisable for those on PCP?
People on PCP have to give the car back at some point or buy it. The dealer may frown upon such modifications.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:36 pm

I'm with Foxtrot Alpha. I have even ADDED TSi to my boot lid. (& now on the Karoq) ('Cos ( prefer P to D!) I was thinking of adding 1.4 as well just to show a clean pair of heels to those that don't believe a 1.4 can go that fast!. But it's gone now, so irrelevant!
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

DaveM

Post by DaveM » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:40 pm

Well, those of us who remember the original debadging fashion remember that it was done in Germany to allow fat cats to have their over-engined cars (Mercedes-Benz 6.9 litre S Class, etc) without the poorer classes and eco-warriers moaning at them.

When I look at a debadged car nowadays, I think “So, what very powerful motor, or louchely over-the-top supercar are they trying to camouflage?” And then see it’s a Škoda and say to myself “Yeah, right”.
Kodiaq 1.4 DSG SEL 5-seat, capuccino, beige leather, rear camera, front sensors, triglavs, tow hook.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”