Brand new to the Kodiaq - what are the best tips and hacks I need to know?

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
jamesm76

Brand new to the Kodiaq - what are the best tips and hacks I need to know?

Post by jamesm76 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:07 pm

Hi everyone
My Kodiaq arrives Friday 11th.
To say I’m excited would be a understatement!
I’m looking to capture some of the outstanding expertise and experience on this forum from Kodiaq veterans...
What are the best 2-3 pieces of advice i should have in mind about what to do / not do in order to get the best out of this amazing car and look after it properly?
Thanks in advance for the wise words !
Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4wd 7 seat sportline black magic brand new. Based in London W10

Gloucskodi

Re: Brand new to the Kodiaq - what are the best tips and hacks I need to know?

Post by Gloucskodi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:27 am

If you've got the keyless system then the doors lock by touching a little button on the outside of the door handles , and not by grabbing the door handle .

E mode is not really worth it.

The entertainment system sometimes loses your preset dab station favourites for no aparrent reason.

And that is all I can think of after 18 months of loving mine
1.4 se-l 2wd dsg.
Petrol blue alcantera beige
Reversing camera, heated front screen

jamesm76

Post by jamesm76 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:32 am

👍🏻 Thanks for the speedy reply - happy to hear that there are so few peculiarities after 18 months of love!
Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4wd 7 seat sportline black magic brand new. Based in London W10

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:57 am

If you ar one of those drivers who doesn't lke leaving the car parked for long periods, (especially in wet weather), with the parking brake on then follow this procedure.

With the engine still running cancel "Autohold".
Hold the vehicle with the footbrake while you shift into "Park".
Stop the engine.

This way the vehicle will be held by the gearbox, not the parking brake, and the possibility of the rear brake pads sticking to the discs is avoided.
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Leicestershire.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb, two Octavias and a Fabia :)

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:33 am

Welcome to the forum James,
I can't think of any more quickly and agree with the above EXCEPT...... parking with no handbrake. NEVER do that on any degree of slope. If you do, the whole weight of the car will be hanging on one very small transmission locking pawl, putting tremendous strain on it.
ModeratorEdition .1.5DSG. Petrol Blue. S/s spare, Cream leather KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:51 am

Colin Lambert wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:33 am
Welcome to the forum James,
I can't think of any more quickly and agree with the above EXCEPT...... parking with no handbrake. NEVER do that on any degree of slope. If you do, the whole weight of the car will be hanging on one very small transmission locking pawl, putting tremendous strain on it.
AGREED, I made my suggeston from the point of view of a manual gearbox owner. Valid point about the DSG gearbox.
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, manual, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Leicestershire.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb, two Octavias and a Fabia :)

jamesm76

Post by jamesm76 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 pm

Much appreciated !

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:53 am

Useful advice for this time of the year:

The side mirror defrost is separate from the rear window heat function.
You turn it on/off via the mirror adjust toggle on your door.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

Rob M

Post by Rob M » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:42 pm

If you only do short journeys and use the radio, heated seats, stuff like that, do not expect the stop start facility to work.
The battery needs to be pretty near fully charged for it to work and short journeys won't charge the battery sufficiently.
Not Skodas greatest idea.
Voice activated control? Hit and miss at times, you end up shouting at it exasperated.
Depending on how long your legs are, you may put your foot on the sill as you step out.
If you do you are almost certain to put your foot on the rubber strip seal that sits on the plastic inner sill panel.
This will degrade the rubber over time and ( long after it has left my ownership ) my car will have a knackered strip that will, probably, let in water......
Collision warning/control may go off when you are not actually going to hurtle headlong into something which, when it first happens, will have you shouting ''WTF!!!!!!
Obviously, Prince Phillips Freelander didn't have that............... :D
Kodiaq SE L 1.4 150BHP Manual in Moon White Metallic.
1988 Pontiac Firebird 5.0V8 TBI in Red
1991 Lotus Excel 'Hethel Celebration'

Return to “Introductions”