Start/stop......it's now driving me nuts!

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Dule

Re: Start/stop......it's now driving me nuts!

Post by Dule » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:14 pm

i just had mine disabled!! found the guy in Slovenia (im from Croatia) but its so easy to do if you have VAGS cable or OBDeleven. I did that and TJA, TSR, locking when engine running, rear DLR and some more for 200eur in 2h time... im realy happy :) oh yeah...seat belt and boot opening/closing warning tones
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCygtwC ... jreload=10

he told me he can do remotely by sending some cable to you by post...

hope he can deal with your problem also...cheers
2018. Style 150HP DSG 4x4

kodiaq_chris

Post by kodiaq_chris » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:02 pm

I've had start/stop on my last two cars which had manual gearboxes, the start/stop only worked when you took the car out of gear and applied either the foot brake or handbrake, which is typically when you know you're going to be stuck at the lights for some time. Happy days that works great.

It is starting to drive me mad in the Kodiak though and I've decided it must be because the logic is the same as the manual gearbox cars. Couldn't the logic be changed for the DSG version so that start/stop only works when you apply the handbrake.
Skoda Kodiaq 1.5 TSI 150ps SE L 5SEAT DSG 4X4 Petrol Blue

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:09 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:18 pm
It IS, as far as I am aware an EU 'Nanny State' directive that S/S is 'auto on'.
I've got a novel idea! Let's leave the EU :D
Petrol Blue 2.0TDi 190ps DSG 7 seat Edition with black leather, front/rear parking sensors, heated front windscreen/washer jets, ventilated seats, adaptive cruise control, traffic sign recognition, driver personalisation and rear view camera.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:48 pm

[/quote]
I've got a novel idea! Let's leave the EU :D
[/quote]

Great idea! Can you please convince the MPs in parliament who seem to be trying to impose the other option? 😩
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, wiggly stick, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys. Melton Mowbray.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb. :)

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Now the Chamber roof is leaking the tossers can't 'play' until Monday & Mrs May is due in Brussels on Tuesday.
The other point is that all the politicians fannying about trying to come up with some fresh plan, seem to have forgotten that 27 other countries have to UNANIMOUSLY agree to our new plan. FAT CHANCE!
So I am betting we crash on the 12th!
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

J-R

Post by J-R » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:55 am

kodiaq_chris wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:02 pm
I've had start/stop on my last two cars which had manual gearboxes, the start/stop only worked when you took the car out of gear and applied either the foot brake or handbrake, which is typically when you know you're going to be stuck at the lights for some time. Happy days that works great.

It is starting to drive me mad in the Kodiak though and I've decided it must be because the logic is the same as the manual gearbox cars. Couldn't the logic be changed for the DSG version so that start/stop only works when you apply the handbrake.
You'll probably get used to it. My last car was my first with this feature and it really took me a while until I was comfortable with it. I barely ever notice it now.

Note that you can disable it with the press of a button on the dash (although it doesn't "stick" the next time you start the car).

JR
2019 Kodiaq 2.0 TDI 150bhp, 7-speed DSG, 2WD, 18" wheels, 7 seats, metallic silver, Kessy, Bolero, 3-zone climate, wireless cellphone charging, 9 airbags, Adaptive Cruise Control, blind spot warning, front & rear parking sensors, reverse camera.

caines

Post by caines » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:33 am

I've been reliably told by a mechanic friend (Audi experienced, not Skoda) that in new vehicles they will disabling the turn off.
I don't know when they will bring it in though.

So make the most of it if you have it!

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”