Goodbye U/S tailgate, wonky door guards etc.

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Colin Lambert

Goodbye U/S tailgate, wonky door guards etc.

Post by Colin Lambert » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Finally given up! See signature.
Pick up the new car on Monday. 10 days old, pre-reg, 15 miles on odo. :lol: £2,120 off list price. £1000 over trade P/X on Kodiaq. BARGAIN!! :lol:
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

iwarv

Re: Goodbye U/S tailgate, wonky door guards etc.

Post by iwarv » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:18 pm

Wow!
Did not see that coming. Spur of the moment?

I suppose in the spirit of this forum you will be resigning and joining karoqforums.co.uk?
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:22 am

I usually change my cars every year and so this is 6 months overdue :lol: Also I have been getting increasingly p'd off with the niggles on the K. Even after the dealer replaced to tailgate 'handle' it still doesn't work properly. Since I am a dog owner, the tailgate gets a huge amount of use walking hound twice a day, so it was a real pain!
I love Skoda and have a brilliant relationship with the Dealer Principal of Meadens, having been a customer for 8 years and 4 Skodas. I really did not want to desert the brand or the dealer.
The Karoq came up and I thought it was too good to miss. The only thing I will have to put up with is no pan roof and the horrible (WHY do these people do it?) BLACK roof lining.
I have written to ROB and told him the situation. I have offered to stay as Mod as I think I have a lot of knowledge of SUK & Kodiaq but if he thinks not, then so be it.
It will be interesting to do a comparison between BIG K & little k when it has some miles under it's belt. It is only 10 days old with 15 miles on the odoI shall continue as member here even if ROB does not want me to continue as Mod.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
[color=#00

Marinfullsuss

Post by Marinfullsuss » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:56 am

Stay with us Colin - we need your wisdom and cranky sense of humour ;)
SE Technology, 5 seats, 150 TDi, manual, 4WD, candy white, towbar, adaptive cruise control, rear camera, Amundsen sat nav, front & rear parking sensors, space saver wheel

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:01 am

Well thanks for the accolade! Much appreciated! ;)
[color=#00

LordJellybelly

Post by LordJellybelly » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:07 am

You`ve chosen the best colour. And as for tailgate foot sensor.......a total waste of money; it doesn`t work.
London
Edition 2.00TSI emerald :mrgreen: green, DSG, 4x4 virtual pedal, travel assist, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, spare wheel :D

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:34 am

I've had enough of leccy boot lids, Completely unnecessary (for me!) and if the K is anything to go by a right royla pain in the arris! I would not have bought the Karoq, had it been so equipped.
Didn't realise Emerald was available on Kodiaq now.
[color=#00

Professor1999

Post by Professor1999 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:38 pm

Hope you can stay on Colin so we can benefit from your experience and good humour of course and it would be interesting to hear your experiences with Karoq and a comparison to K.
Kodiaq Sportline 1.4 TSI 7st 4WD Velvet Red
Pan roof; Rear view camera; Adaptive cruise control; Spare wheel

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Thank you.
I shall stay as a member even if ROB decides I should relinquish the 'Mod-ship' He asked me to take up that position, so I suppose he can ask me to give it up, though I am not sure why he should.
[color=#00

Plasky

Post by Plasky » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:24 pm

LordJellybelly wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:07 am
You`ve chosen the best colour. And as for tailgate foot sensor.......a total waste of money; it doesn`t work.
It works every time for me thou! Well since I ended up with buying a stock car I didn't have any choice. I would never have added it myself but now when I have it it's actually nice, with baby in one hand and bags and trolleys in the others😂

On Topic:
Looking forward for your comparisson on the Kodiaq and Karoq. I chosed between the two but it ended up with Kodiaq cuz of the bootspace!
Kodiaq Style 180 TSI DSG, 7 Seats, Cappuccino Beige, Towing pack, black leather upholstery, 19" triglavs, canton, heated rear seats, Amundsen, Travel assist.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”