IOS 12, Google Maps and Kodiaq

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
eLTe

IOS 12, Google Maps and Kodiaq

Post by eLTe » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:28 pm

I’ve tried and I can’t get CarPlay to add Google Maps to the home screen. Anyone have any idea?

I much prefer google maps to apple maps (and yes, I know the pros and cons for each so please don’t go off topic discussing the 2 apps) and use google maps for work stuff so transferring the searches etc via google account is very useful.

Any help appreciated as I continue my search for the answer.
Sportline 1.4 TSI DSG 4x4 : Business Grey : Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Child Pack, Driver Profile thingy

MrTrilby

Re: IOS 12, Google Maps and Kodiaq

Post by MrTrilby » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Google haven’t released a public version of Maps for iOS yet that offers CarPlay functionality. It’s still in private beta. Same story for Waze.

From what I’ve read you can expect Waze fairly soon after the public release of iOS 12 on Monday, but Google Maps is unlikely before October at the earliest.
190 4x4 SEL DSG with pano roof, ACC, reversing camera, towbar, heated multifunction steering wheel, heated front & rear seats, rear tables, luggage net, electric driver seat, ambient lighting, media command

eLTe

Re: IOS 12, Google Maps and Kodiaq

Post by eLTe » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:59 pm

That would explain it then. Thought it was a CarPlay thing and since iOS 12 is out (I have it on my phone non beta already) I figured it was just a case of getting it to appear and I was missing something.

There are screenshots and vids doing the rounds showing google maps being used with CarPlay. Guessing these are private beta shots or something?
Sportline 1.4 TSI DSG 4x4 : Business Grey : Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Child Pack, Driver Profile thingy

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”