Be aware....wireless charging no longer available!

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
caines

Be aware....wireless charging no longer available!

Post by caines » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:28 pm

Maybe its me, but I had thought that the spec I looked at in July would still stand, but luckily, by chance, I asked the showroom bloke today about the wireless charging and he said it is no longer available. Anywhere!

I'm glad I found that out before I decided on my new phone as that was going to be an essential option for me!

Jon Edwards

Re: Be aware....wireless charging no longer available!

Post by Jon Edwards » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:33 pm

Never go by what a salesman says, Skoda dealerships are useless.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Ordered 3rd April - Build Week 26 - Collected 17 August

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:11 pm

As above, salesman is wrong, ( yet again) , wireless charging is available but the signal booster part has been removed till further notice.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.

caines

Post by caines » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but I assume the removal of the signal booster part means the wireless charging doesn't work?

Jon Edwards

Post by Jon Edwards » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:23 pm

caines wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:19 pm
Excuse my ignorance, but I assume the removal of the signal booster part means the wireless charging doesn't work?
They originally boasted both wireless charging (QI) and also the facility to boost the signal whilst the phone is in the tray, if the have only removed the booster then it will still charge the phone.

caines

Post by caines » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Interesting. Thanks. Mmm. According to another group they seem to think that Skoda are trying to sort out the booster issue and some say (from last April) that they have been told that skoda are not including wireless charging in the meantime.

Is there anyway to find out reliably whether the wireless charging has been reimplemented yet (as that was info from 6 months ago)...rather than asking a dealer? Anyone have any contact details?

Irritatingly, I can't find where I had seen that wireless charging was included I thought it was the brochure but now cant find it.

duncanlowe

Post by duncanlowe » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:08 pm

I can comment that the wireless charging and booster are related. The wireless charging pad was also the bit that picked up the phone signal and sent it to the booster. So I guess until there is a charger that doesn't include the booster pickup, there will be neither. Mine delivered July 2108 has neither.
Kodiaq 190 Edition 4x4 DSG 5 seat in a rather fetching shade of velvet red. From Stafford, England.

Jon Edwards

Post by Jon Edwards » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:23 pm

duncanlowe wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:08 pm
I can comment that the wireless charging and booster are related. The wireless charging pad was also the bit that picked up the phone signal and sent it to the booster. So I guess until there is a charger that doesn't include the booster pickup, there will be neither. Mine delivered July 2108 has neither.
In 2108 I guess things have moved on.

Newowner

Post by Newowner » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:21 am

I have wireless charger in my current car and it doesn't work and it's a Honda. The charging is intermittent to say the least even without the case fitted. I was hoping that it would be fitted to my Edition....oh well.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”