Child seat in Kodaiq

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Danirl

Child seat in Kodaiq

Post by Danirl » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Looking at a new Kodaiq and my only concern is space in second row.
We have 3 children, 7 month old, 2 year old both in car seat and the a 10 year old.
Would all three fit comfortable in second row as we need the boot for buggies etc etc
Thanks for all answers in advance

Kenny R

Re: Child seat in Kodaiq

Post by Kenny R » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:46 pm

You would be best to visit the dealer and try your seats to se if they fit. With 2 isofix seats in the outer 2 positions your 10 year old might be comfy enough in the centre.
With 1 isofix seat in mine I can’t get 2 high back boosters in the other 2 seats and have to resort to using row 3, so i think it really depends on what kids seats you have.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.

Hugh Fanism

Post by Hugh Fanism » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:23 pm

I'd consider an isofix for the front as two would fit next to a car seat better than one inbetween two.
Another consideration is how much of the boot do you need? Just one of the rear seats could be used if it works for you and it would still leave a decent space for luggage.
1.4 DSG SE L, council blue, acc.
"Johnny ain't so crazy, he's always got a line for the ladies"

Danirl

Post by Danirl » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:33 pm

Cheers guys, just thinking the superb maybe a better fit for us over all if 2nd row isn’t that big

Vaclav^2

Post by Vaclav^2 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Danirl wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:33 pm
Cheers guys, just thinking the superb maybe a better fit for us over all if 2nd row isn’t that big
Out of interest, considering the Superb is actually a narrower car, why do you think it may be a better fit?

The middle seat is not that comfortable in most cars to be honest. If I was 10 then there would be very few cars where I'd be happy sitting between two car seats. The one common thread they'd have is that they all have individual seats. Sure other than perhaps Tesla or Discovery (full size) those cars aren't that much fun. But hey ho it is only a few years before they grow out of it.

Danirl

Post by Danirl » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:31 am

Vaclav^2 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:19 pm
Danirl wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:33 pm
Out of interest, considering the Superb is actually a narrower car, why do you think it may be a better fit?

The middle seat is not that comfortable in most cars to be honest. If I was 10 then there would be very few cars where I'd be happy sitting between two car seats. The one common thread they'd have is that they all have individual seats. Sure other than perhaps Tesla or Discovery (full size) those cars aren't that much fun. But hey ho it is only a few years before they grow out of it.
When I was in the dealership they explained that the seating I the superb was bigger and that many people were picking the superb of the Kodaiq for this reason and get the large boot of the estate.

Zach

Post by Zach » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:18 am

More legroom perhaps but defos not as wide.
BW32 2017 Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 TDI Style 5 Seater in Quartz Grey Metallic + Sirius rims, Extended Warranty, Panoramic Sunroof, heated washer jets, sleep pack, rear heated seats, 3rd key + driver profiles

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”