Drivetrain(?) Sound

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Colin Lambert

Re: Drivetrain(?) Sound

Post by Colin Lambert » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Skoda UK and most dealers don't like forums.
They think they are full of moaning minnies.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Medders

Post by Medders » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:04 pm

I have also noticed this noise, and I’m glad that it’s not just me. I was beginning to think it was all in my head. Keen to hear how you get on!
Scout 7 Seat tdi 150. Black Magic.

ChristianScout190

Post by ChristianScout190 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:51 am

Mine is Back in on monday for this noise... I don't care if 'they all do it' it's not right and needs sorting.
Scout 190 TDI 4x4 DSG
Gaffer tape is like 'the force'... It has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Codders

Post by Codders » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:01 pm

Still waiting to hear from Skoda. Apparently they've had three Kodiaq and a superb in the garage, within the last two weeks, all with the same issue.
Sportline, Meteor Grey. 2.0, 190 TDI, DSG. Makes me smile everyday. :D

Wigan - purchased from Lightcliffe, Warrington

Codders

Post by Codders » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Update from dealer. Skoda has asked them to replace the gearbox mount first, to try this and see how it goes. I know it's been mentioned on here before.

Codders

Post by Codders » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:43 pm

Update:

Gearbox mount replaced but problem still exists.

Waiting for further updates from Skoda.

Have to say, hats off to my dealer - they're really good. Lightcliffe - Warrington

Sheepy

Post by Sheepy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:34 am

Hello. I was hoping my first post on here was a more positive one but this thread perfectly describes the noise I hear from my newly acquired kodiaq ( 2018 SEL 5seat 150 diesel dsg 4x4 5k miles)
I hear a pumping / whirring / spinning or graunching sound from ( I think) front left of car when driving forwards and far more noticeable when turning left but it’s there all the way up to 40mph at least until road and wind noise mask it. It’s easy to replicate by rocking the steering wheel ( only a small amount necessary) when driving at say 20-30mph.
So - was your problem solved? Or if not what was tried after the gearbox mount replacement please?
Many thanks in advance.

Sheepy

Post by Sheepy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:13 pm

As a follow up .... I’m due to have the car looked at at the dealers in about 48hours. I believe I’ve read just about every noise, steering and drivetrain topic on here and everywhere else I can find. I’ve seen comments on replacement gearboxes fixing the issue, replacement gearbox mounts fixing it and also loose heat shields ( which I can’t see any evidence of on my car). The forum seems to have gone quiet on this topic generally since October last year. Can anyone tell if there is a known fix or cause for this bearing type noise from the front left. I’m just trying to prepare myself / learn as much as possible Thanks very much all.

C2atb

Post by C2atb » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:58 pm

I was getting horrible noises at low speed getting into tight parking spaces at work . I checked the it all over . Pulled the disc guard out a little and disappeared shortly after that and heard nothing since . However my S4 always groans on tight locks not the pump but a grinding noise but apparently all the Quattros of that age do it .
Black magic 1.4 SE ,7 seats , canton , rear view , privacy glass with tints, heko wind deflectors , ambient lighting , Amundsen , kessy , power tailgate/foot ,DCC, 22” OZ wheels , sportline style grill,montecarlo badges , ghost lights

Codders

Post by Codders » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:13 pm

Sorry to say I still have the sound. It's not loud and most of the time I've gotten used to it. No update from dealer either, though you've promoted me to contact them.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”