Factory tow-bar retrofit

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
arkaig

Re: Factory tow-bar retrofit

Post by arkaig » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:12 pm

GallopingGourmet wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:24 pm
I’m just worried about the advice on the Skoda website that not all Kodiaq models can have a towbar retro fitted.
@GallopingGourmet - no need for you to worry. :D

The only Kodiaq models that are NOT homologated for towbar fitting purposes are the 7-seat versions with the 2.0Tdi 150PS 4x4 MANUAL GEARBOX, whichever model be it: SE, SE L, Scout, Sportline, Edition, or L&K.

Details are confirmed in the Kodiaq Pricing & Specification leaflet available here: https://az749841.vo.msecnd.net/sitesen ... d8b13c.pdf
Kodiaq 190Tdi DSG L&K, Brown, DCC, Towbar, Trailer Assist, Virtual Pedal, Digi Cockpit, Rough Road Pack, Ventilated Seats, Drive Mode, Rear Seat release, Heated Steering Wheel, Roller Blinds

Ordered 20/12/18 - est del 16wks - B/W 8, ie w/e 24/2/19

GallopingGourmet

Post by GallopingGourmet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:14 pm

@arkaig - thanks, that’s good to know, peace of mind! Your spec has trailer assist but no tow bar?
Kodiaq L&K 2.0 TSI 190, quartz grey, vitrual cockpit, ACC, family pack, running boards, tow bar. Ordered 08/02/19, build week 17. Current XC90 (old version), Oxfordshire.

FoxtrotAlpha

Post by FoxtrotAlpha » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Just as a side note, on a different thread someone retrofitted a tow bar ( not by Skoda) and as a consequence Skoda are rejecting a warranty claim on a known battery / battery module fault. Makes no sense but their stance is that the retrofit and alteration by non-Skoda technicians to the electrical systems is the route cause of the fault therefore no warranty claim is valid even though it’s a known problem.
It's a 'Kodiaq' and not a 'Bear' unless you are 5 years old.
Kodiaq Edition - 150 TDI - DSG 4 x 4 - Quartz Grey - Canton
Sportline on order with Virtual Cockpit.

arkaig

Post by arkaig » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:43 pm

GallopingGourmet wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:14 pm
@arkaig - thanks, that’s good to know, peace of mind! Your spec has trailer assist but no tow bar?
@ GallopingGourmet - Yes mine will have a factory-fit electrically folding towbar.

The reason it's not showing in my signature is that there's a 255 character limit within this forum's signatures.
Kodiaq 190Tdi DSG L&K, Brown, DCC, Towbar, Trailer Assist, Virtual Pedal, Digi Cockpit, Rough Road Pack, Ventilated Seats, Drive Mode, Rear Seat release, Heated Steering Wheel, Roller Blinds

Ordered 20/12/18 - est del 16wks - B/W 8, ie w/e 24/2/19

GallopingGourmet

Post by GallopingGourmet » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:23 pm

I’m exactly £295 below 40k, fingers crossed there will be no price increases and that the tax won’t go up by more than that!
Kodiaq L&K 2.0 TSI 190, quartz grey, vitrual cockpit, ACC, family pack, running boards, tow bar. Ordered 08/02/19, build week 17. Current XC90 (old version), Oxfordshire.

Damson2GiN

Post by Damson2GiN » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:22 pm

My Kodiaq 190 DSG 7 seater, came with the electric tow bar fitted, I use the vehicle to pull the caravan. Also it came with biscuit spare wheel, which is no good, if you are towing, if you have a flat, the biscuit is not legal.So I bought a full size wheel as the spare, it is to big to fit in the spare well, because of the mechanism for the tow ball. I have to carry it in the boot , and takes quite a bit of room up.
Prier to the Kodiaq, I had a Superb, which I may go back to, in a couple of years. However with that, I had the tow bar fitted after purchase, with that I also bought a full size spare wheel, which did fit into the spare well, maybe the same would apply to the Kodiaq. But I think the Kodiaq is a great motor, as yet no probs what so ever, July 2 years old, as yet covered 7500 miles.

Old and Grumpy

Post by Old and Grumpy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:35 pm

Damson2GiN wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:22 pm
My Kodiaq 190 DSG 7 seater, came with the electric tow bar fitted, I use the vehicle to pull the caravan. Also it came with biscuit spare wheel, which is no good, if you are towing, if you have a flat, the biscuit is not legal.So I bought a full size wheel as the spare, it is to big to fit in the spare well, because of the mechanism for the tow ball. I have to carry it in the boot , and takes quite a bit of room up.
Prier to the Kodiaq, I had a Superb, which I may go back to, in a couple of years. However with that, I had the tow bar fitted after purchase, with that I also bought a full size spare wheel, which did fit into the spare well, maybe the same would apply to the Kodiaq. But I think the Kodiaq is a great motor, as yet no probs what so ever, July 2 years old, as yet covered 7500 miles.
Why not opt for the tyre repair kit? Lots of driver's manage OK with that.
Kodiaq SE 1.4 TSI, 2WD, Manual gearbox, 5 seater, Petrol blue, absolutely standard, no extra toys.
My best car in 55 years of driving, including my previous Superb. :)

tricky

Post by tricky » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Interesting thing I've noticed for the first time today on the Skoda website (it could of been there all along and I just hadn't noticed) is this:

"Please note in some instances it is not possible to retrospectively fit a tow bar if the car is not fitted with tow bar preparation at Factory. Please speak to your Retailer to confirm the exact towing eligibility."

This is different to the 150hp diesel not being homologated to tow - this implies that its tow bar prep or nothing on some models - anyone have any idea?
2.0TSI 190 SEL, Candy White, Leather, Rear Camera, Triglav wheels, Front Seat ISOFIX, Tow prep, etc

MrTrilby

Post by MrTrilby » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:55 pm

The VRS model can apparently not be retrofitted (by dealers) with the factory tow bar. No idea why.
190 4x4 SEL DSG with pano roof, ACC, reversing camera, towbar, heated multifunction steering wheel, heated front & rear seats, rear tables, luggage net, electric driver seat, ambient lighting, media command

Damson2GiN

Post by Damson2GiN » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:26 pm

Tyre repair kit, from what I understand, if you have a puncture, you squirt the foam into the defective tyre, it will get you home, But cost you a new tyre?£200 plus. I suppose its the case of last resort. I prefer to change the wheel, get the tyre fixed back home, last puncture I had , they charged me a tenner.

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”