Skoda Kodiaq SUV Forum banner

Who's got a car on order?

158K views 355 replies 90 participants last post by  tractorman 
#1 ·
Seems everyone is waiting! Post here your order date, build date if you have one, delivery day etc and eventually when you collect your car, might make the wait easier to see people actually picking up their cars!!

I ordered 2.0 TSI Sportline on 20th July. Waiting to have a build date assigned! Dealer estimated delivery on 31st October. I'm not feeling confident lol!!

#52 ·
Mattsv said:
Order placed today as per signature.

Would have liked virtual cockpit but not available as yet - will add it in as an option if it is available before build date is confirmed.

Have been quoted 25 weeks for delivery which should line up perfectly with the end of my VRS230 lease in March - if delayed, VWFS will allow me to extend the VRS230 lease so should not be a problem...
Hi Matt,

The virtual cockpit most definitely is available to order. I have posted a screen shot of my order with this option that was sent to me from my dealer.

I have also subsequently received an email from Skoda UK confirming all the options on my vehicle and the virtual cockpit is definitely on there.

I'd call your dealer and ask again.

#53 ·
whooooooosh said:
Mattsv said:
Order placed today as per signature.

Would have liked virtual cockpit but not available as yet - will add it in as an option if it is available before build date is confirmed.

Hi Matt,

The virtual cockpit most definitely is available to order. I have posted a screen shot of my order with this option that was sent to me from my dealer.

I have also subsequently received an email from Skoda UK confirming all the options on my vehicle and the virtual cockpit is definitely on there.

I'd call your dealer and ask again.
Thanks - I'll check. Knowing my luck, probably yet another option that is not available with a 5 seater...

#55 ·
Just did a live chat with Skoda UK to ask about pricing/MY19 options... they suggested that the website & downloads/brochures are being updated this week and you can definitely order an MY19 now, including virtual cockpit

@Whoooosh did you manage to get a price for this option as my local dealer said they havent got them yet...

#57 ·
whooooooosh said:
Sorry but they couldn't give me a price.

I just went ahead and had them add it.
Same for me too.

Dealer did question what I intended to tow when I added the factory tow bar on, particularly as I've also gone with a pano roof as well.

Still waiting on a build date, which I'm very nervous about, could be bloody Easter before I see it!!

#59 ·
Sprocket65 said:
Considering asking for the canton speaker system to be added to my order.
Youll need a spare wheel as well if you want Canton. The subwoofer sits inside the spare.

#60 ·
At the risk of repeating what I've said in another thread I ordered 5th of May delivery estimate July and now due mid October

#61 ·
I tried to order back in July, but dealers were either unsure how they could order MY19 cars or didn't fill me with confidence. Anyway my local dealer eventually in August got back to me saying that they could order me a car with the virtual cockpit, so ordered the car below on 23rd August.

Kodiaq Sportline 2.0 TSi 190 7 Seat DSG 4x4 in Brilliant Silver
Virtual Cockpit
Panoramic Sunroof
Heated Windscreen & Washer Nozzles
Front & Rear Parking Sensors
Rear Camera
Spare Wheel

Apparently as of yesterday it was still showing on the Skoda system as 'Pending', and is waiting for the Virtual Cockpit option to 'go live' on their system to change to Order Complete and allocate a build week. It's all really a little bit frustrating but I'm not holding out much hope of receiving it before the 19 reg plates come out.

#62 ·
When trying to add virtual cockpit to my existing order the dealer advised that Skoda would be firstly focussing on MY19 builds without virtual cockpit due to supply difficulties of the virtual cockpit parts - apparently there's a lack of these across the VW group???.
Anyway to guarantee early January19 collection of my Kodiaq I haven't added VC

#63 ·
Just ordered mine today!

Kodiaq Edition 7 Seat 2.0 TDI 190PS DSG in Quartz Grey
Adaptive Cruise Control
Headed Windscreen & Washer Nozzles
Dynamic chassis control
Front & rear parking sensors
Area view camera

I was going to hold out for a L&K but the dealers were unsure when orders would start for them or what spec & price they will even end up as. They seemed skeptical of the July's press coverage about the RRPs. It's a a shame as it looks nice and purportedly will have many of the extra's I've added. I also asked about the virtual cockpit, again the dealership didn't think this was an option, it wasn't on the order form. But as I've specc'd it up it would push the car over the 40k tax limit.

The dealer thinks the build should be done for Nov/December, but given the posts on here that seems optimistic. I did get a nice discount from them, so all in all very happy!

#64 ·
rossco said:
Just ordered mine today!

Kodiaq Edition 7 Seat 2.0 TDI 190PS DSG in Quartz Grey
Adaptive Cruise Control
Headed Windscreen & Washer Nozzles
Dynamic chassis control
Front & rear parking sensors
Area view camera

I was going to hold out for a L&K but the dealers were unsure when orders would start for them or what spec & price they will even end up as. They seemed skeptical of the July's press coverage about the RRPs. It's a a shame as it looks nice and purportedly will have many of the extra's I've added. I also asked about the virtual cockpit, again the dealership didn't think this was an option, it wasn't on the order form. But as I've specc'd it up it would push the car over the 40k tax limit.

The dealer thinks the build should be done for Nov/December, but given the posts on here that seems optimistic. I did get a nice discount from them, so all in all very happy!
If you are that close to £40k you need to keep an eye on MY19 prices when Skoda eventually release them because your spec could well put you over the limit.

#65 ·
Birdingbilly said:
If you are that close to £40k you need to keep an eye on MY19 prices when Skoda eventually release them because your spec could well put you over the limit.
Funnily enough, the dealer didn't mention that at all. Even though he helped remove items to get it below 40k. Not sure if he even had contemplated it.. :roll:

What are my rights if it does go over? Will I be stuffed? I have a contract for the price I'll pay but that and the VED price are different :cry:

#66 ·
rossco said:
Birdingbilly said:
Funnily enough, the dealer didn't mention that at all. Even though he helped remove items to get it below 40k. Not sure if he even had contemplated it.. :roll:

What are my rights if it does go over? Will I be stuffed? I have a contract for the price I'll pay but that and the VED price are different :cry:
Unless your contract makes the list price a material element of the contract, which it won't, you are as you put it "stuffed". Can you change the spec once the MY19 prices are known should you need to ?

#67 ·
I ordered my car in July was told Friday that the vehicle is at status "J" whatever that means. The dealer also said that I should have my car within a month.
WRT prices on the dealer ordering screen on the Skoda intranet there is a box that says somthing like "price lock" mine is ticked yes. I presume this means that the list price for my order is locked at time of order ??

#68 ·
Newowner said:
I ordered my car in July was told Friday that the vehicle is at status "J" whatever that means.
I thought Skoda only dealt with number code's ? :-

00 = Without Production Week
10 = With Production Week
20 = With Production Order
30 = In Transit From Factory
36 = In Port of Exit not Released
38 = In Port of Exit Released
39 = Vehicle Shipped
40 = UK Port
60 = In Transit to Dealer
70 = At Dealer

#69 ·
FYI - I just had an online chat with Skoda UK's Gemma and been told that my order is now Status 20 for BW39, next week.

If that is true then they are building cars with the virtual cockpit in September.

#70 ·
The same gemma has confirmed that I still only have an unconfirmed date of October 8th. My dealer who seemingly is an overwhelming optimist or is high or both reckons it will be built starting the 8th and they expect it in N.Ireland early November.....

I don't share his optimism

#72 ·
Our car was being built last week, but we ended up placing another replacement order because they didn't manage to get the virtual cockpit option added in time.

We changed the options quite a lot in the end modifying the colour from Quartz Grey to Petrol Blue, then adding the digital dash, LED interior mood lighting, partition net screen and adaptive cruise. I might well have blown the £40k limit. Now this one apparently getting built week 48. We were told if we chose another engine it could have been built earlier, but we wanted the big petrol engine as we plan to keep the car long term and tow a caravan with it.

#73 ·
Don't get too excited as they lost mine for over a month in Emden.

Mines up for replacement next July, I know it's a long time away but based on your recent experiences when should I be talking to the dealer. Gut feel would be the vRS next time assuming it's launched on time and available. Otherwise I'm off to another company.

#74 ·
Had an update on mine from dealer today. Apparently car is in process of being built and should be completed next week. Will then have to stay there until WLTP emission testing is complete. Anticipating receiving at dealership late October/early November. 2 litre petrol by the way.

#76 ·
My dealer wrote to me today saying that although my car has a confirmed BW39 and that the WLTP has been lifted (whatever that means) it could still be "banked" for a further 5 weeks and they will monitor progress.

I wrote back asking what having the WLTP lifted meant and the reply was "It would suggest that yes"

Does anybody on here speak Skoda dealer gobbledy goop who could interpret the above advice ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.