Who’s got a car on order?

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
idiotgap

Re: Who’s got a car on order?

Post by idiotgap » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:09 am

I had an order accepted 6th June, spec as per signature.
:( Still no info on build date

:? No firm info on what the towing limit will be and if it can pull our caravan

:evil: Seems likely that we won't be registered in Sept so we lose £1k test-drive discount

:x If we want to tweak the spec, to add virtual cockpit which wasn't possible at time of ordering, seems we have to renegotiate the price of the whole car which with changing dealer discounts and price increase won't go in our favour either.
Ordered week 22: 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Edition 7 seat, Petrol Blue, beige interior, area view with trailer assist, child pack, panoramic roof, spare wheel, virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise, partition net screen, LED interior disco lights

whooooooosh

Post by whooooooosh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:45 am

I didn't notice that the £1,000 test drive discount could be lost.

I've also requested that the virtual cockpit be added to the order pre-build and will be disappointed it that means a full renegotiation for the whole car.

This whole sucking situation just gets worse by the day.

Does anybody know a motoring journalist that would want to report on this situation ?
Kodiaq Edition (7 Seats) 2.0 TSI DSG DCC Quartz Grey, Beige Leather, Virtual Cockpit

Medders

Post by Medders » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:45 pm

Just to share my experience, I ordered a tdi on 23rd May, told it would arrive end of Aug/ early sept, but no guarantees. Then in July I was told that it’d be build week 35 so unlikely for end of Sept. then on Tuesday the dealer called to say there was an additional 12 week delay. It wasn’t even one of the contentious petrols - it was a 2.0 tdi SE L.

Anyway I found a stock vehicle on a great deal, just delivered to a dealer and I’m picking it up 1st sept. I cancelled the first order and got my deposit back.

I just ran out of patience and confidence that Skoda could deliver on any of their promises.
Scout 7 Seat tdi 150. Black Magic.

Kalin

Post by Kalin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Ordered petrol Edition 4x4 on June 24. On July 30 got the week of production - 51!!! Subsequent inquiries revealed the delay is not due to options selection, but rather due to the new certification of the petrol engines. Now I am awaiting updated info if I switch to diesel engine.
P.S. I am in Bulgaria, btw.
on order: 2.0 TSI 4x4, DSG, 5 seat Edition, Black Pearl, Digital instrument panel.

Andrew_Bu

Post by Andrew_Bu » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:22 am

Just had an email from dealer to say that my car (2 litre petrol Sportline) has an estimated build week of 42 (w/c 15 October). Might be worth others contacting their dealers for updates?

Do Skoda offer customers the ability to check progress online, or do you have to go via the dealer each time?

bripat69

Post by bripat69 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:56 am

Andrew when did you put your order in and was it Horton Skoda ?
Ordered on 23rd May Kodiaq 1.5 dsg SE l qaurtz grey (leather seats) .build wk 41 / now 38

idiotgap

Post by idiotgap » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:56 pm

I've got somewhere with updates from the dealer now.
idiotgap wrote::( Still no info on build date
Seems we had a provisional build date of week 42, now revised back to week 37
idiotgap wrote: :? No firm info on what the towing limit will be and if it can pull our caravan
The dealer indicated the towing limit impact shouldn't be too dramatic, maybe down to 1700kg which would be fine for us.
idiotgap wrote::evil: Seems likely that we won't be registered in Sept so we lose £1k test-drive discount
Dealer now doesn't anticipate this being a problem, the delay being on Skoda's side
idiotgap wrote: :x If we want to tweak the spec, to add virtual cockpit which wasn't possible at time of ordering, seems we have to renegotiate the price of the whole car which with changing dealer discounts and price increase won't go in our favour either.
This is the part that isn't resolved, we always wanted to add the digital dash, but the option didn't exist when we ordered. The option now exists, but it's £450 + the impact of more recent list price and discount changes on the whole car. We don't know exactly what the cost change is, but they're looking into it for us. I don't know what we could have done differently to make this work out, a bit frustrating we can't get the spec we want with the prices of the time we ordered.
Ordered week 22: 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Edition 7 seat, Petrol Blue, beige interior, area view with trailer assist, child pack, panoramic roof, spare wheel, virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise, partition net screen, LED interior disco lights

Gustychelsea

Post by Gustychelsea » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:32 pm

I ordered my Sportline 2.0 tdi middle of July and been told that Mervyn Stewart, Belfast are confident of arrival in October. I hope so cause im counting days here
2.0 Litre tdi Sportline DSG 4x4 Moon white due to be delivered some time in the next decade (we hope)

whooooooosh

Post by whooooooosh » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Quick update....

I've just been sent an update from my dealer with a screen shot showing my order has the Virtual Cockpit added. So if your dealer is saying it can't be added to an existing order let them know it most certainly can.

I am a bit worried about the section of the screenshot that says WLTP-PROBLEM :?:

Virtual Cockpit Order.png

Kodiaq Edition (7 Seats) 2.0 TSI DSG DCC Quartz Grey, Beige Leather, Virtual Cockpit

idiotgap

Post by idiotgap » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Mine says WLTP problem too. They did say they got an error message when they tried to add the virtual cockpit, but the main issue with it seems to be the price difference they say it introduces over and above the cost of the option, still talking about that with them though.

build.JPG

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”