Electric folding wing mirrors

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
Guido

Electric folding wing mirrors

Post by Guido » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi all,

I'm just about to order my new Kodiaq but couldn't quite work out if the SEL comes with electric folding wing mirrors - the Tech Spec says "Electrically adjustable, heated and foldable door mirrors with boarding spots"

But then one of the options is: "Electrically adjustable front seats with memory function, lumbar support and electrically folding door mirrors"

I'm confused! Any help would be much appreciated - thanks!
About to order: SEL 190PS 4x4 DSG 5 seats in Petrol Blue. Yorkshire, UK.

Kenny R

Re: Electric folding wing mirrors

Post by Kenny R » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:15 pm

My SEL certainly has electric folding mirrors as standard.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.

Guido

Post by Guido » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:16 pm

Brilliant - thank you - will get down to the dealer tomorrow!
About to order: SEL 190PS 4x4 DSG 5 seats in Petrol Blue. Yorkshire, UK.

sparkymark

Post by sparkymark » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Yes, my SEL also has power folding mirrors as standard......and given the number of damaged wing mirrors I see around the streets it's a good job it has!!
Petrol Blue 1.4TSi 150BHP, 7 seat SEL, with Canton Sound (yes it's worth the price), 19" Triglav alloys, Beige Leather and Reversing camera
North West UK

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Skoda has at last seen sense. You can now fold the mirrors up to 30mph. On my old Yeti they would not fold over 9mph. Apparently it was a 'safety function'. Which I think was damn silly as I very nearly got hit up the bum on numerous occasions.
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

gojoholo

Post by gojoholo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:51 pm

The difference is the "memory function". When you set a seat position in the electric seat memory it also remembers the position of the door mirrors.
2.0 TSI Edition, 7 seat, Black with Beige Leather
ACC, Pan. roof, LED Light pack ,Canton, Heated rear seats, Heated w/s + washer jets , spare wheel, Front and rear parking sensors, heated steering wheel, Rear view camera

colmar51

Post by colmar51 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:56 pm

@ Guido - The SEL spec does indeed include electrically adjustable and folding door mirrors. But the Edition spec inludes as standard the option you refer to with the electrically adjustable front seats with memory function, lumbar support and electrically folding door mirrors".

This is really only of benefit if more than one person regularly drives the car since the facility allows personal seat and mirror positions to be stored and quickly recovered by pressing one of the preset buttons.

I'm 5'11" and the only driver. The only benefit to me is when my car is serviced by a much smaller engineer/driver. They never, ever put the seat and mirrors back where they found them.

Sorry gojoholo - you beat me to it.
Edition 2.0 TDI 190, 4x4, DSG, Business Grey

DaveM

Post by DaveM » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:24 pm

Colin Lambert wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:18 pm
Skoda has at last seen sense. You can now fold the mirrors up to 30mph. On my old Yeti they would not fold over 9mph. Apparently it was a 'safety function'. Which I think was damn silly as I very nearly got hit up the bum on numerous occasions.
I don’t understand. Why would you want to fold the mirrors on the move? (Even ignoring the fact that it would be illegal not to have at least one external mirror, on a car built nowadays.)
Kodiaq 1.4 DSG SEL 5-seat, capuccino, beige leather, rear camera, front sensors, triglavs, tow hook.

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:12 pm

Fold out at over 9mph, I am guessing?
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

colmar51

Post by colmar51 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Must be out over 9mph - doesn't make sense otherwise
Edition 2.0 TDI 190, 4x4, DSG, Business Grey

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”