Alternative drink holders?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Sletto

Alternative drink holders?

Post by Sletto » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:40 pm

I really love my new Kodiaq Sportline, but the small and oddly placed drink holders between the front seats are annoying me, as I can fit my favorite coffee mug, that I've used in Volvo V70, passat, Astra, land rysjer and Mercedes.
Its just too narrow, and non adjustable.
I've googled a bit, and on ebay/aliexpress, there are pictures of a solution I think might work, in adds for center console trays.
Can anyone identify the part in the red circle, what it's called, where I can buy, or just any info to hunt it down?
[I'm]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuSPtZ4Kx33S6kclCzzFgvhoae6z [/img]

Daddy2Bears

Re: Alternative drink holders?

Post by Daddy2Bears » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:20 am

Sletto,

I know what you mean with the cup holder. I used to use a Bodum stainless steel cup but found it just a few mm too wide at the base so it had to be wedged in. After it tipped a few times I ended up getting a Nespresso Touch cup to use instead as it's 5 mm narrower at the base, which made all the difference. It's a far better cup as well IMHO, no rubber sleeve to rust under and a rolled top makes it better to drink from when not using the lid.

The Touch is a bit pricey (£18) but with the discount you get for reusable cups it should me take less than a year to pay for itself.

As for your picture, I haven't got a scuby I'm afraid.
Ordered 11/10/2017: BW 46: collected 15/12/2017
190 TDI 7 Seat Edition
Petrol Blue, Black Leather, Front Isofix, Tow bar Prep, Canton, Spare Wheel, ACC, Park Assist, Heated W/S-Wipers, Alu Pedals, Area View, Ambient Lighting, Personal Drive Mode Select

Pugwash1961

Post by Pugwash1961 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:41 pm

We use Starbucks cups, they’re about £1 & fit well.

Daddy2Bears

Post by Daddy2Bears » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:30 pm

Yeah, I've got a starbucks 1in there as well as a spare, but the touch is insulated, so keeps the coffee warm for hours.
Ordered 11/10/2017: BW 46: collected 15/12/2017
190 TDI 7 Seat Edition
Petrol Blue, Black Leather, Front Isofix, Tow bar Prep, Canton, Spare Wheel, ACC, Park Assist, Heated W/S-Wipers, Alu Pedals, Area View, Ambient Lighting, Personal Drive Mode Select

RedBen

Post by RedBen » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:18 am

Sletto wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:40 pm
I really love my new Kodiaq Sportline, but the small and oddly placed drink holders between the front seats are annoying me, as I can fit my favorite coffee mug, that I've used in Volvo V70, passat, Astra, land rysjer and Mercedes.
Its just too narrow, and non adjustable.
I've googled a bit, and on ebay/aliexpress, there are pictures of a solution I think might work, in adds for center console trays.
Can anyone identify the part in the red circle, what it's called, where I can buy, or just any info to hunt it down?
[I'm]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuSPtZ4Kx33S6kclCzzFgvhoae6z [/img]
I have the same gripe with the cupholders - Just need to find a suitable cup I suppose! Normal disposable cups are a good fit :/

I bought one of those 'tray' things - it doesn't fit because of the 2 vertical 'rails' to hold our cupholder piece - it wont sit down properly into the storage box. I do plan to dremel the back end off at some point to see if I can jimmy-up something. I got a refund and apology from the seller on eBay.

Kalin

Post by Kalin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Has anyone tried the Contigo mugs?
on order: 2.0 TSI 4x4, DSG, 5 seat Edition, Black Pearl, Digital instrument panel.

mesirs

Post by mesirs » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:56 am

I have Contigo autoseal travel mug but it doesn’t fit

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”