Alternative drink holders?

Interior and Exterior bodywork Faults and Fixes
Sletto

Alternative drink holders?

Post by Sletto » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:40 pm

I really love my new Kodiaq Sportline, but the small and oddly placed drink holders between the front seats are annoying me, as I can fit my favorite coffee mug, that I've used in Volvo V70, passat, Astra, land rysjer and Mercedes.
Its just too narrow, and non adjustable.
I've googled a bit, and on ebay/aliexpress, there are pictures of a solution I think might work, in adds for center console trays.
Can anyone identify the part in the red circle, what it's called, where I can buy, or just any info to hunt it down?
[I'm]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuSPtZ4Kx33S6kclCzzFgvhoae6z [/img]

Daddy2Bears

Re: Alternative drink holders?

Post by Daddy2Bears » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:20 am

Sletto,

I know what you mean with the cup holder. I used to use a Bodum stainless steel cup but found it just a few mm too wide at the base so it had to be wedged in. After it tipped a few times I ended up getting a Nespresso Touch cup to use instead as it's 5 mm narrower at the base, which made all the difference. It's a far better cup as well IMHO, no rubber sleeve to rust under and a rolled top makes it better to drink from when not using the lid.

The Touch is a bit pricey (£18) but with the discount you get for reusable cups it should me take less than a year to pay for itself.

As for your picture, I haven't got a scuby I'm afraid.
190 TDI 7 Seat Edition
Petrol Blue, Black Leather, Front Isofix, Tow bar Prep, Canton, Spare Wheel, ACC, Park Assist, Heated W/S-Wipers, Alu Pedals, Area View, Ambient Lighting, Personal Drive Mode Select
Various VAG-COM tweaks

Pugwash1961

Post by Pugwash1961 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:41 pm

We use Starbucks cups, they’re about £1 & fit well.

Daddy2Bears

Post by Daddy2Bears » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:30 pm

Yeah, I've got a starbucks 1in there as well as a spare, but the touch is insulated, so keeps the coffee warm for hours.
190 TDI 7 Seat Edition
Petrol Blue, Black Leather, Front Isofix, Tow bar Prep, Canton, Spare Wheel, ACC, Park Assist, Heated W/S-Wipers, Alu Pedals, Area View, Ambient Lighting, Personal Drive Mode Select
Various VAG-COM tweaks

RedBen

Post by RedBen » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:18 am

Sletto wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:40 pm
I really love my new Kodiaq Sportline, but the small and oddly placed drink holders between the front seats are annoying me, as I can fit my favorite coffee mug, that I've used in Volvo V70, passat, Astra, land rysjer and Mercedes.
Its just too narrow, and non adjustable.
I've googled a bit, and on ebay/aliexpress, there are pictures of a solution I think might work, in adds for center console trays.
Can anyone identify the part in the red circle, what it's called, where I can buy, or just any info to hunt it down?
[I'm]https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuSPtZ4Kx33S6kclCzzFgvhoae6z [/img]
I have the same gripe with the cupholders - Just need to find a suitable cup I suppose! Normal disposable cups are a good fit :/

I bought one of those 'tray' things - it doesn't fit because of the 2 vertical 'rails' to hold our cupholder piece - it wont sit down properly into the storage box. I do plan to dremel the back end off at some point to see if I can jimmy-up something. I got a refund and apology from the seller on eBay.

Kalin

Post by Kalin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Has anyone tried the Contigo mugs?
on order: 2.0 TSI 4x4, DSG, 5 seat Edition, Black Pearl, Digital instrument panel.

mesirs

Post by mesirs » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:56 am

I have Contigo autoseal travel mug but it doesn’t fit

Kalin

Post by Kalin » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:14 pm

mesirs wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:56 am
I have Contigo autoseal travel mug but it doesn’t fit
Finally got my MY19 2.0TSI, and YES, the cup holder is too small. It barely (!) fits metallic Contigo, as it tapers somewhat at the bottom. So, it is a solution, also being the best travel mug IMHO.

IMG_1889.jpg

on order: 2.0 TSI 4x4, DSG, 5 seat Edition, Black Pearl, Digital instrument panel.

Return to “Interior and Exterior Cosmetics”