Passenger mirror dipping in reverse

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
aerodynamic18

Passenger mirror dipping in reverse

Post by aerodynamic18 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Guys I took the kodiaq to a local guy who has VCDS and tried the steps to enable the mirror to drop when reverse is selected. I used the instructions as shown in the attachment. All that worked was the button to enable the mirrors to dip in reverse appeared in the infotainment screen but it didn't do anything. Has anyone had any luck getting this to work as I would love to get this function to work ( if possible). Any help would be great. Also yes the mirror selector was in the L position. We even tried the selector in R to see if that worked but neither did.

IMG_0907.PNG

SE-L 7 seater,petrol blue 2.0 4x4 manual. With canton, led interior pack, kids pack, rear camera, front and rear sensors, colour maxi dot, floor mats, space saver wheel and mudflaps

Phil

Re: Passenger mirror dipping in reverse

Post by Phil » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Hi mine seems to work as advertised, have you got the door mirror switch selecting the passenger mirror

Phil
Kodiaq Edition (7 seats) 2.0 TDI 190 PS 4x4 DSG, pan roof, spare wheel, front, rear sensors, electric towbar, black leather, heated seats steering wheel, wing mirrors, lots more.
Eckington

bother

Post by bother » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:54 pm

From memory, you have to actually move the mirror to the dipped position you require the first time, then it's memorised. There isn't a 'standard' dipped position.

From memory, do everything you have, i.e. enable it in the menu, turn the mirror position dial to 'L' and then put the car in reverse.....then manually adjust the mirror to your preferred position (and it will memorise that position).
Edition 1.4DSG, Front Sensors, Spacesaver

Hugh Fanism

Post by Hugh Fanism » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:07 pm

aerodynamic18 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:34 pm
Guys I took the kodiaq to a local guy who has VCDS and tried the steps to enable the mirror to drop when reverse is selected. I used the instructions as shown in the attachment. All that worked was the button to enable the mirrors to dip in reverse appeared in the infotainment screen but it didn't do anything. Has anyone had any luck getting this to work as I would love to get this function to work ( if possible). Any help would be great. Also yes the mirror selector was in the L position. We even tried the selector in R to see if that worked but neither did.
I'm sure it's been said on here that it won't work if you don't have electric seats.
1.4 DSG SE L, council blue, acc.
"Johnny ain't so crazy, he's always got a line for the ladies"

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:23 pm

Hugh is quite correct. You can't even VCDS it if no leccy seats!
ModeratorSE L.1.5DSG. Emerald green. S/s spare, Paddles, f&r sensors, rear camera. KAROQ. :shock: EX Kodiaq SE L1.4 DSG.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
Retirement is wonderful, it's doing nothing without being caught out! :lol:
[color=#00

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”