MY FIRST FEW WEEKS` IMPRESSIONS

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
LordJellybelly

MY FIRST FEW WEEKS` IMPRESSIONS

Post by LordJellybelly » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 pm

Today I made my first tank refill; Some motorway driving and some town traffic in the 227 miles got me 5.68 miles/litre. Still getting used to the rather over soft steering but appreciate how the suspension copes with the numerous potholes near my home. Even with the reverse camera I`m still over cautious in tight spots.......had to have my garage enlarged to take this car. One thing for sure is that I switch off the engine cut out thing. It might be a EU directive but IMHO it`s a waste of time and a possible store of starter motor wear down the line. Hardly used the navigation system but it seems friendly enough. Sorted my iphone with blue tooth and USB link. Had my forgotten spare wheel fitted and so have the standard tray with the filler stuff which I`m open for offers on. Air con is superb and the feature which illustrates the MPH as a single number is useful especially as the speedometer design is awful. Got used to the auto parking brake immediately; what a clever idea. So far so good..........long may it continue. :D :mrgreen:
London
Edition 2.00TSI emerald :mrgreen: green, DSG, 4x4 virtual pedal, travel assist, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, spare wheel :D

iwarv

Re: MY FIRST FEW WEEKS` IMPRESSIONS

Post by iwarv » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm

LordJellybelly wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 pm
the feature which illustrates the MPH as a single number is useful
For the 2nd time today.... ehr, what?

I am starting to think I don't know my car at all.
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:35 pm

LordJellybelly wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:31 pm
Today I made my first tank refill; Some motorway driving and some town traffic in the 227 miles got me 5.68 miles/litre. Still getting used to the rather over soft steering but appreciate how the suspension copes with the numerous potholes near my home. Even with the reverse camera I`m still over cautious in tight spots.......had to have my garage enlarged to take this car. One thing for sure is that I switch off the engine cut out thing. It might be a EU directive but IMHO it`s a waste of time and a possible store of starter motor wear down the line. Hardly used the navigation system but it seems friendly enough. Sorted my iphone with blue tooth and USB link. Had my forgotten spare wheel fitted and so have the standard tray with the filler stuff which I`m open for offers on. Air con is superb and the feature which illustrates the MPH as a single number is useful especially as the speedometer design is awful. Got used to the auto parking brake immediately; what a clever idea. So far so good..........long may it continue. :D :mrgreen:
If you select individual mode you can change the steering to sports mode, which tightens it up a bit.
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.

LordJellybelly

Post by LordJellybelly » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:02 am

Thanks Kenny R
London
Edition 2.00TSI emerald :mrgreen: green, DSG, 4x4 virtual pedal, travel assist, rear view camera, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, spare wheel :D

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”