Drop in Skoda finance APR

All Skoda Kodiaq related discussions
whooooooosh

Drop in Skoda finance APR

Post by whooooooosh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:13 am

I noticed today that Skoda in the UK are offering a new APR finance rate of 4.86%.

This effectively represents a big interest payment drop by 24% from the 6.32% written on my quotation/offer when I placed my order back in April.

:D
Kodiaq Edition (7 Seats) 2.0 TSI DSG DCC Quartz Grey, Beige Leather

Sabertooth

Re: Drop in Skoda finance APR

Post by Sabertooth » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:36 pm

Does this mean you can still take advantage of this or is solely for new contracts.
Mine was ordered first week of July.
Ordered - 03/07/2018
Delivery - TBC
1.5TSi Edition 150bhp DSG
Business Grey, Area View, ACC, LA, BSM, TJA, Spare Wheel, Child Package, Heated Steering, Heated Windscreen & nozzle

whooooooosh

Post by whooooooosh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:59 pm

What I received when I paid my deposit back in April was a "PCP Representative Example at 6.32%" valid for 30 days.

I'm expecting the PCP agreement to be like other loans and I will get offered the new rate of 4.86% when the car is built and I sign the official finance paperwork.

BTW - I checked with Skoda UK today and my order is still at Status 00 after nearly 3 months :-(

Medders

Post by Medders » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 pm

I’ve been told by the dealer that I will be able to get the lower rate and I ordered in May. Fingers crossed I can get it delivered in time for the £1000 test drive discount as that will make a real difference!

Kenny R

Post by Kenny R » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:08 am

Latest offers, 3rd July till 1st Oct, showing new APR ...
http://www.skoda.co.uk/news/pages/sizzl ... uyers.aspx
Candy White 2.0 TSi SE L 7 seat. Heated windscreen/ nozzles, kids pack, front rear parking sensors, reversing camera and spare wheel, Milotec rear bumper inserts.

Cadence

Post by Cadence » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:36 pm

APR is apparently linked to which campaign you're signed up for - If you've got the test drive offer, then that's linked to the old APR deal. You can't mix and match I was told.
Last edited by Cadence on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kodiaq Edition 2.0 TSI DSG 5-door, Business Grey with black leather, panoramic sunroof, area view, park assist, travel assist, driver alert, tow bar, heated screen & washers, leather door panels, Sirius alloy wheels .

whooooooosh

Post by whooooooosh » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:08 pm

If I were a betting man I'd put money on their marketing department have fecked up and are advertising rates that haven't yet got approval and gone live in their finance system.

Either that or the finance dept didn't get the memo about the new deal interest rates and have yet to update their end. Either way it is poor behaviour from VAG.

Medders

Post by Medders » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Cadence wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:36 pm
APR is apparently linked to which campaign you're signed up for - If you've got the test drive offer, then that's linked to the old APR deal. You can't mix and match I was told.
That’s pissed on my chips! Oh well I think with the lower APR I’m still a bit better off. Obviously I’ll still try it on at the dealer though 😉

whooooooosh

Post by whooooooosh » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:57 am

You would hope that they will allow you to compare the deals, the new and the one you signed up to, and go with the one that represents best value.

DryAsSticks

Post by DryAsSticks » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:17 am

The lower interest rate may not work out cheaper overall if you loose the £1000 test drive discount. Just did a quick calculation on the figures from my deal and I would only have saved about £600 on the lower rate.

Of course it's all irrelevant if you do what many have done and settle the PCP straight away. 😀
Kodiaq SEL 2.0TDI 4x4 DSG (7st) in Brilliant Silver with HBA, ACC and a spare wheel :)

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”