New to Skoda

New to the Skoda Kodiaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wgg1848

New to Skoda

Post by Wgg1848 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:37 am

Hello
After many years with a Freelander 2 HSE I have decided to join you guys.
Amongst a few reasons for my decision was the very poor customer service that has become very evident of late with Land Rover.
So, read a few revues, made a few trips to various showrooms, opened and closed a few doors!
Then went home and rang all the dealerships.
First I rang the service department to see just how prompt they took to answer. Then again asking for sales. Bit hit and miss I admit for a real survey, but enlighting in any event.
The Kodiaq appealed as soon as I had sat in it.
My local dealership had just the spec I wanted in a second hand Edition. Now awaiting the call to pick it up and looking forward to the many new features in the car and hoping to get to share many of your experiences with this Skoda and the forum. :D

Colin Lambert

Re: New to Skoda

Post by Colin Lambert » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:09 am

Welcome Wgg,
Enjoy your new car and the forum.
Any questions, just ask.
Moderator.SE L. 1.4DSG Jungle Green, PanRoof, Front Sensors, Beige Alcantara, Triglavs.Canton system. S/saver.
Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
“People say doing nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day”. :lol:
Winnie The Pooh.

iwarv

Post by iwarv » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:58 am

Wgg1848 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:37 am
Then went home and rang all the dealerships.
First I rang the service department to see just how prompt they took to answer. Then again asking for sales. Bit hit and miss I admit for a real survey, but enlighting in any event.
Genious!
Most people, including myself, just vet the car and - to some extent - the company on their sales.
Not many vet the company for their after sales before buying into the marque.

Out of curiosity; seeing as you didn't at the time own a [insert car marque], what did you ask of the service department?
Quick! How may cubic centimetres to a litre?
How did your Skoda dealer do in comparison?
SE-L 1.4 150bhp DSG 4x4, 7 Seats, Quartz Grey, Front Sensors, Front DashCam

Wgg1848

Post by Wgg1848 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi
Thanks for your interest. I had a friend who used to work in a purchasing dept for a national company, this was a few years back, and he would always check the various companies service reaction times.
Calling a dealership now is normally met by an automated service, asking you to choose from a list of different departments. On these occasions I simply choose either sales or service and counted how many rings before it’s answered. When it’s eventually answered I simply state my reason for calling, that I am testing the reaction to providing me with a particular service.
I appreciate to make this a genuine ‘survey’ I would need to do this a number of times, and my local Skoda dealership did very well on both departments.

Return to “Introductions”