Start Stop Notification

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
btr2

Start Stop Notification

Post by btr2 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Hey all!

First post - be gentle...

Does anyone else get a start-stop status notification overlay at the top of the infotainment screen? I can't find anything in the manual about it and Googling hasn't helped. It doesn't cover a lot of the screen, but when you are using sat-nav, it is a pain in the bum when trying to see what's coming up next. It seems to fire about every other time the engine does and auto start-stop, so is quite annoying!

In other news - just emailed my dealer to find out why I have no 'Phonebox' system fitted on my Edition spec that I thought was included. Of course, I know the answer thanks to you guys, so hoping they may have to offer some money :lol: .

(Mods, if this belongs in 'Engine', please move over)

Thanks everyone!
2.0 TDI 190ps Edition 7-seat SCR DSG 4x4
Quartz Grey
Sirius Alloys
Driver assistance package

Hugh Fanism

Re: Start Stop Notification

Post by Hugh Fanism » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:05 pm

I don't think I've ever noticed a stop start icon on the infotainment. It certainly appears on my Gameboy type display next to my dials. I turn it off all the time now as I hate it. I'd live with it if it didn't cut in before I'd stopped but the settings on it are just stupid.
1.4 DSG SE L, council blue, acc.
"Johnny ain't so crazy, he's always got a line for the ladies"

MrTrilby

Post by MrTrilby » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:29 am

When it appears, you can tap the “i” on the top right hand side for more information about why the car has or has not stopped the engine.

It will appear pretty much every time you come to stop, and I found after the initial interest it’s a bit irritating as it temporarily dims the rest of the screen. You can turn it off in vehicle settings so it never appears again - called “start stop notification” I think.
190 4x4 SEL DSG with pano roof, ACC, reversing camera, towbar, heated multifunction steering wheel, heated front & rear seats, rear tables, luggage net, electric driver seat, ambient lighting, media command

Ninini

Post by Ninini » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:13 am

I get it any time, I activate the start-stop at a stoplight.
Kodiaq Style 1,4TSI (150PS) manual 4x4 Lava Blue w/ 7 seats, tow package, etc | Ordered 2017-08-24 | Delivered 2018-02-01 (161 days)

btr2

Post by btr2 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:16 pm

MrTrilby wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:29 am
When it appears, you can tap the “i” on the top right hand side for more information about why the car has or has not stopped the engine.

It will appear pretty much every time you come to stop, and I found after the initial interest it’s a bit irritating as it temporarily dims the rest of the screen. You can turn it off in vehicle settings so it never appears again - called “start stop notification” I think.
Ah! Yep, that's the one, and I must have totally missed that setting - will give it a shot. Thanks for the info MrTrilby.
Quartz Grey
Sirius Alloys

btr2

Post by btr2 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:53 am

Hmm, I don't seem to have that in my settings. Can someone tell me where it is on theirs - I've gone through every possible menu. Well, not all, as I don't think it would come under 'air conditioning'!

Thanks in advance
Quartz Grey
Sirius Alloys

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”