Re: Model Year 19 Changes

Post by duncanlowe » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:25 pm

SkodiaqDK wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:05 pm
duncanlowe wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:02 pm
SkodiaqDK wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:01 pm
Ordered end of april. Still no fixed build date.... Buuut fixed price. (and they take my current car in exchange.) assumed build week changed from week 34 to week 40 because skoda ran out of heated windscreens.
Ordered Mid May. I have your heated Windscreen sat on the drive. No seriously the delay can't have been the heated windscreen as mine was ordered later and I picked up last week.
Don't know. Cant figure out why my dealer should lie to me, since my used car is included in the deal. And the value of my car decreases every month.

I requested that the car should be my19. Maybe your my18? actually did take it from me. Bastard.
Yes, mine is an 18MY. But I have a birth certificate that proves you wrong.....
Kodiaq 190 Edition 4x4 DSG 5 seat in a rather fetching shade of velvet red. From Stafford, England.

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:24 am

Wrong about? MY18/MY19? I don't care about that. I just think it is plausible that Skoda will use the spareparts they have on stock to build cars as fast as possible. So even though i booked earlier (with a demand for the upgraded 2.0tsi engine = MY19), they did not make a reservation for all the spares my build needs.

Maybe i get a new and improved heated-windscreen. 8-)
Last edited by SkodiaqDK on Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivery ~ no one knows

DaveM

Post by DaveM » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:44 am

Wrong about “bastard”?
Kodiaq 1.4 DSG SEL 5-seat, capuccino, beige leather, rear camera, front sensors, triglavs, tow hook.

SkodiaqDK

Post by SkodiaqDK » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:39 am

DaveM wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:44 am
Wrong about “bastard”?
Are You insulted by that?

How old are You? +55?

Do You seriously think i am mad at a fellow kodiaq-buyer because he got his car before me?

Yes, it is sarcasm.
DK - ordered week 17 - Kodiaq 2.0 tsi style 5 seats. Black. Ventilated seats, lane assist, towbar, blis, acc, heated windscreen, sign recogn, amundsen, park assist with area view, rear cam, electric trunk, virtual cockpit. Delivery ~ no one knows

whooooooosh

Post by whooooooosh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:33 am

:lol: If the reason my order is still waiting production is because someone had a heated screen reallocated from my order to their's I think I would be using stronger language.
Kodiaq Edition (7 Seats) 2.0 TSI DSG DCC Quartz Grey, Beige Leather, Virtual Cockpit

duncanlowe

Post by duncanlowe » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Didn't mean to start any disagreement. From my point of view I'm not in any way offended, my comment about the proof I'm not was meant entirely humorously.
Some parts are what is called sequenced, that means they are built specifically to go on a particular car. For example take a bumper. It will consist of the plastic moulding, painted the colour of the car, it may have parking sensors and therefore wiring, and possibly the front radar. This is probably built by the supplier of the bumpers and sent to the factory in the sequence required. So certainly no stock of that kind of part. Wiring harnesses are also most likely sequenced in this way so it's made to support the features and options that are fitted to a particular car. Other parts are just delivered and used. Car factories rarely carry much stock of anything other than maybe screws and clips, and certainly don't reserve non-sequenced parts for a particular car.
Kodiaq 190 Edition 4x4 DSG 5 seat in a rather fetching shade of velvet red. From Stafford, England.

whooooooosh

Post by whooooooosh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:06 am

I got a call from my dealer manager yesterday to say that my April 24th order is still on Status 00 but that they have committed to scheduling outstanding build dates in the next two weeks. It doesn't of course mean that it will be built in the next two weeks, only that I will be given a scheduled build date which could still be months away.

We talked about cancelling and he said there was no problem cancelling and getting a refund what with all the issues I've had. We also talked about the L&K and his advice was that if the given build date was more than a couple months away I should cancel and reorder the L&K when it becomes available.

He also said that they have been told by Skoda to expect new MY19 marketing material and website updates mid/late Q4 :o

He was quite frank with me saying that he had worked in dealerships for other manufacturers and none have been quite as disorganised in terms of sales and marketing material as Skoda.
Kodiaq Edition (7 Seats) 2.0 TSI DSG DCC Quartz Grey, Beige Leather, Virtual Cockpit

whooooooosh

Post by whooooooosh » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi

Did anyone else notice that the entry level price for a Kodiaq on Skoda UK http://www.skoda.co.uk/ has jumped up on the home page to now be above £28K.

I could have sworn it said "KODIAQ from £24K" only yesterday.

Marinfullsuss

Post by Marinfullsuss » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:01 pm

When you go to the configurator, it says this..... "Factory orders from June will reflect Model Year 19 specification and pricing. Our website and configurator reflects Model Year 18 specifications (including fuel efficiency and emissions performance) and pricing. These models are available from UK stock only. Please speak to your local ŠKODA retailer for more information". That implies that the base model has gone up from £24, 205 to £28,260 in one year (almost a 17% increase). Surely not? Maybe Brexit has begun early..... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/featur ... motorists/ ? Perhaps we need.... https://www.peoples-vote.uk/
SE Technology, 5 seats, 150 TDi, manual, 4WD, candy white, towbar, adaptive cruise control, rear camera, Amundsen sat nav, front & rear parking sensors, space saver wheel

idiotgap

Post by idiotgap » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:22 pm

The base Kodiaq S model has been dropped which will account for some of it. My dealer told me there had been an approx 2% price rise, I've not checked any numbers to verify that's now included in published numbers.
Ordered week 22: 2.0 TSi 4x4 DSG Edition 7 seat, Petrol Blue, beige interior, area view with trailer assist, child pack, panoramic roof, spare wheel, virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise, partition net screen, LED interior disco lights

Return to “Main Skoda Kodiaq chat”